• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Prototype January 2016 (DDX)

I definitely like the DD2, but give me a 12 speed rim to compliment my PD2s and I'll take that all day over the fatty DD2 rim.

I'll be eagerly awaiting this disc (pleasepleaseplease don't let it be a plus rim).

I guess im excited. For some reason the tern always felt really thin to me. Hopefully that Anny top will help!

They need to release these things already man. I've never really paid much attention to DM releases until now, but do they typically do the whole PDX thing where they only have special stamps at first before production runs? I don't wanna spend $40 for a thrower, or have to wait 6 more months.

Pretty good chance there will be a First Run release and a fundraiser release close to each other. I don't think it will only be the latter, as they seem pretty confident with the product.

I know for me personally comparing relative stability based on Eagle throwing a disc is pretty dumb. Not trying to be argumentative, but a straight disc for eagle is probably pretty close to the perfect distance driver stability for most people.

No I understand. The thing is that I do throw far haha destroyers go about 580' for me on a max D rips. That's why I have been so eager for a discmania destroyer killer. I guess I will have to continue to wait for now!

No I understand. The thing is that I do throw far haha destroyers go about 580' for me on a max D rips. That's why I have been so eager for a discmania destroyer killer. I guess I will have to continue to wait for now!

You got a video? I have not seen many people that can throw that far.

lets not go there again. dude says he can throw X feet on the internet, whats it to you what he really can throw or not.

aaaanyways. Eagle parks this 497fr hole with a C-DDx. He does throw it really high with what looks like hefty hyzer release. Other throws in the video dont look super stable either, which is great at least for me, I am not looking for super stable, something controllable yet long though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWzp6gToNos&feature=youtu.be&t=806

Got to test a few different DDX's this week and I really like this disc. The S line has some turn (no pun intended) and for me didn't perform best in a headwind, unless I was trying to get it to turn. I'm comfortable dropping down and releasing with a lot of hyzer though. The C definitely had some more stability to it, think slightly broken in Destroyer.

I have never thrown a Tern, but I'm thinking the S line DDX is a step up in over stability from whatever the most overstable Tern is.

***I don't know a timeline on release, but I'm eagerly awaiting so I can use em in tournaments this Spring/Summer.

Rad. Thanks, Dana!

I can't wait for these to drop. Sounds like they'll be the perfect compliment to the PD2.

Any insights on the rim shape and feel? Do they have a slight plus rim?

I think Discmania is gonna sell a lot of these. The Destroyer is a huge hit, the Tern sells a ton, so put a disc right in between them in stability and it's gotta be a hit right? Sounds good for big arms and the masses that might think a new Destroyer is just a bit too much disc. I can't wait to try them out.

Rad. Thanks, Dana!

I can't wait for these to drop. Sounds like they'll be the perfect compliment to the PD2.

Any insights on the rim shape and feel? Do they have a slight plus rim?

Not a plus rim and it feels closer to a Tern than a Destroyer.

DDX

Was just perusing the approved list and notice a couple new discs including this one. Don't know much about discmania, so I'll let you guys handle the discussion.

Approved 2/25/16

175.1g

21.1 diameter

1.7 height

1.1 rim depth

2.3 rim thickness

Sounds like a king, havoc, tern, colossus, crank, and so on. Easy to throw straight and very far for anyone. Unless you're a pretty slow thrower, in which case it would be perfect for long hyzers.

Compared to a Tern X the DDX was just a tick less stable and a tick more glide. Enjoyed throwing it.