• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Prototype January 2016 (DDX)

Did they give a release date? And I assume/hope it'll drop in S and C.

Really looking forward to this disc. The Tern was always a bunch of fun to throw but it always felt like it was already in the sweet spot off the shelf.

well other than its not max wide rim which is a big turnoff for people who have trouble powergripping them properly.
I wouldn't mind a Tern like feel if I had the arm for this thing, as the Tern feels relatively nice in my small hand. Might've misunderstood this though, in case you mean the big paws would not be comfy with it :)

no I meant the list he was comparing them to had king and colossus on it. both max rim discs, which this is not. but flight wise maybe they do have sth in common, dont know havent thrown them

i.e. max rim can be difficult to handle for some people. and I am glad DDx is not max rim.

yeah on second look I guess I could clean up my syntax a little bit, to make more sense. :)

Might be the perfect disc to go with my PDs. Trespass is easy for me to grip but something is lacking for me (probably enough power to throw it properly)

I am very excited for the release of the DDx.

Can anyone tell me how it differs from Innova's TeeDevils which slots between their Destroyer and Tern.

Thanks!

I would assume that it is very similar to a TeeDevil. The numbers are very similar. The issue that I have had with the TeeDevi is that it was very inconsistent. I would get ones that flew exactly how they were supposed to, and then I would get ones that were almost an XCal.

If I had to guess, and this is just a guess, I would say that the DDx will be just a hair more understable.

giphy.gif

It's been interesting watching the split between which DM pro's bag this disc and those who still cycle 3-5 PD2's. From those who have been throwing this disc across all three plastics, they have been raving about it. Can't wait to get my hand on a few of these - especially with the Konopiste Open stamp. I was bummed last year the stamp didn't release in the US on a bunch of P1x's and glow FD's like it did in Europe.

walleyed reindeer is whack, yes. :D

I hope it will be usable for us meager armed mortals. And I think the amount of raving about it by some fairly big armed DM team members shows that it is not too flippy for big guns either. Seems to fit a fairly wide audience, even if for different uses. But so is the PD across different runs and plastics, too.

Phew! Got one... damn... I saw on Instagram that they were being released today and I'd been checking all night as I woke up, but figured they'd be on the front page of the store in the "Featured" section. Didn't realize they'd ghosted them in the back door!