• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania splits with Innova

This whole thing has an almost soap opera type feel to it...

I found it mildly amusing when Eagle described the MD3 as almost an exact carbon copy of the MD3. Not sure if the "almost" part was what I found funny or the fact that he referred to the new MD3 as a copy of the original. Maybe I'm just easily amused by little things.

I found it mildly amusing when Eagle described the MD3 as almost an exact carbon copy of the MD3. Not sure if the "almost" part was what I found funny or the fact that he referred to the new MD3 as a copy of the original. Maybe I'm just easily amused by little things.
Would I be correct in stating an MD3 is almost an exact carbon copy of a Buzzz?

So the new MD3 is almost an exact carbon copy of an almost an exact carbon copy?

Innova Champion Europe was, and by all accounts still is, a huge wholesale importer of Innova Discs into Europe. They didnt split off from Innova. Discmania did. Its not really all that complex and titillating, unlike yesterdays news

DeZone is the SOL ;)

Heh, you're right of course, but I let my mind get distracted by the label the company chooses to put on their discs. My Harp has putt & approach on it, like the Zone, yet my Suspect has midrange.

The Fierce was one of the discs I ordered last night and is more in line on what I was actually hunting.

I was actually speaking about the specific ball that you play with. IIRC, and it's been a long time since I saw this so I could be wrong, you have to register the specific brand and type of ball you are playing with before a round on the pro tour. Whereas, by the USGA rules, you just have to play the same ball from tee to green on a hole unless you lose that ball during the course of a hole. Otherwise you are free to switch at any point.

Like I said, a sort of pointless aside.

I can't imagine a time where i would change the the ball i am used to putting from one hole to the next. Maybe they would want to do it for different shots on the same hole, but as you said, that is prohibited.

But for disc golf, obviously it does not matter as you see certain people play unsponsored and throw all sorts of brands.

Yeah but he said he is going to go with what he is used to for now, and I dont blame him. Megabucks marketing move for sure, but also what if he tanked Worlds and missed a whole lot of putts he usually makes only due to making a too abrupt switch to the swedish P2s?

But DM had to have known he was going to not want to switch for a while. Obviously i do not know the timing of when the factory actually got up and running, but if they could have done it far enough in advance for him to get used to the putter, that would have been the ideal situation.

Of course if they only recently actually got production up and running, that is an entirely different situation which they cannot be faulted for.

"I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I think your viewpoint that it is "pessimistic" is due to not having listened to Simon talk about his thoughts on Disc Golf. Go watch them, especially the cbs sports video of the Dynamic Discs Open last year. He says he's there to put on a show and that's more important than winning. He also states (maybe not there) that he is doing well financially. Put those two together and it means he's making good money off of disc sales. While the original poster didn't paint the whole picture (he didn't emphasize that Simon loves pleasing fans and putting on a show), he didn't think he needed to because that part is well known."'

sounds moar like speculation than fact to me

It might not be the disc sales making him lots of money. He is huge on YouTube and I'm sure he makes lots of money from the ads on his videos. But regardless of where the money mainly comes from....Simon has loads of fun with disc golf.

Me, too.

My absolute favorite part, and it wasn't close, was the full screen graphic at 9:26 into the video that said

"The New Originals"

That's my favorite early Spinal Tap band name. I LOLed.

Simon keeps saying our own this and that. Does he have some sort of ownership?

Simon keeps saying our own this and that. Does he have some sort of ownership?

I think his perspective of "ours" is in terms of Team Discmania. Him and Eagle both mentioned love for Innova but relief for not having to place orders with third party companies for discs in the future.