• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania TD2 Fever

Was it shorter than you were expecting? Too flippy?
I've thrown a couple TD2s and they both bombed for me. I mean, massive distance for a speed 10.
Its a very wild disc. Thrown hard you don't know where it will go. I had to release them with lots of hyzer to get big S curve flights. For me the TD2 seems like a Mystere, but a speed slower.
Not a disc I'd probably ever bag, but it surprises me in field work every time I throw it. I'd say the TD2 is flippier than a Shryke. More like a Mamba.
The DD2 is similar for me. HUUUUGGGEEEE distance and very fast, but wild. Like a Nuke SS. I'd have a tough time bagging it.

If it went flippy on me (and it rarely did), it was probably wrist roll on my part, and therefore the archer not the arrow. I did have a few nice hyzer flips with it.

It wasn't as glidey as I'd hoped, and that might be due to the anhyzer top. The Sphinx (listed as speed 9) easily gets as far for me, and the speed 11 discs (Mystere and Mamba) definitely outdistance it.

Like I said, it wasn't bad, just 'meh'. The TD also disappointed me when I tried it a while back. Except for the P2 and FD, my luck with Discmania discs hasn't been so great. I haven't tried an FD3 and would like to, so we'll see what happens there...

If it went flippy on me (and it rarely did), it was probably wrist roll on my part, and therefore the archer not the arrow. I did have a few nice hyzer flips with it.

It wasn't as glidey as I'd hoped, and that might be due to the anhyzer top. The Sphinx (listed as speed 9) easily gets as far for me, and the speed 11 discs (Mystere and Mamba) definitely outdistance it.

Like I said, it wasn't bad, just 'meh'. The TD also disappointed me when I tried it a while back. Except for the P2 and FD, my luck with Discmania discs hasn't been so great. I haven't tried an FD3 and would like to, so we'll see what happens there...

I hear you. I've thrown many, many driver molds over the years. I'd say about 60% of them are thoroughly meh. Like, not bad, but not overly memorable either. 20% are below expectations or just flat out suck. Like the occasional driver you throw that's a huge disappointment (Renegade:D). Then you have the 20% of drivers you try that are bag worthy. Obviously you can't bag every driver you really like, but that definitely makes things interesting.

I LIKE Discmania discs, but I always felt like they were kind of bastardized Innova discs that just weren't quite right for whatever reason. I've had good luck with the DDX and PD, but never bagged either of them.

I hear you. I've thrown many, many driver molds over the years. I'd say about 60% of them are thoroughly meh. Like, not bad, but not overly memorable either. 20% are below expectations or just flat out suck. Like the occasional driver you throw that's a huge disappointment (Renegade:D). Then you have the 20% of drivers you try that are bag worthy. Obviously you can't bag every driver you really like, but that definitely makes things interesting.

I LIKE Discmania discs, but I always felt like they were kind of bastardized Innova discs that just weren't quite right for whatever reason. I've had good luck with the DDX and PD, but never bagged either of them.

The DD Freedom really disappointed me most when I tried it. I think of the Freedom the way you think of the Renegade. :gross: :D

I suspect the Anhyzer Top sucks out some of the glide in the molds upon which it is used, and that creates the 'meh' factor, especially when compared to the original discs like the DDx vs. the Tern...

The DD Freedom really disappointed me most when I tried it. I think of the Freedom the way you think of the Renegade. :gross: :D

I suspect the Anhyzer Top sucks out some of the glide in the molds upon which it is used, and that creates the 'meh' factor, especially when compared to the original discs like the DDx vs. the Tern...

Yeah, I really don't even know who the Freedom caters to. Its one of those annoying discs that flies like crap if you don't get it up to speed, but flips violently as soon as you do. I'd put the Queen in the same category. Maybe a good roller disc, but it sucks for consistent air bombs.

I've had a couple jaw dropping drives with a Freedom, but getting one of those is like finding a needle in a haystack. All the other throws were bad flips or useless hyzer stalls.

awaking an old thread

I was afraid that the TD2 would be too flippy and not really a disc I could trust for FH or for a long straight throws. I'm glad I was wrong. Just got a new S-line @max weight and its not too flippy at all. This thing gets in distance like no other. I can standstill it for 300ft while not even trying. Surely my new favorite driver for straight tight tunnels.