• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft and Paint Dye

cajuninms

Hey guys,

I am looking into using a 3/4 liquid RIT to 1/4 91% rubbing alcohol mixure to paint dye some discs. I am wondering if anyone knows if ESP or Elite X or Elite Z takes this type of dye very well. I can't heat any dye on the stove until I can get back to my college house in August, but I want to dye some discs before then.

Thanks.

Seems like that would be super runny. I usually see some mixture of clear disc soap and Rit used for painting and then allow it to sit and dry (for like a week) before rinsing without any need for heat.

I used the 3/4 rit and 1/4 alcohol it worked really well, but i did add dawn dish soap. I let it sit for 3 minutes rinsed it then realized it took well but not deep enough so i reapplied and let it sit for 5 more minutes and the color came out great.

The alcohol really gave it a strong color, it took just as well as the heated stove method i had been using. Good luck.

Latest posts