• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Big Z Collection

Rob Martin

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I'm interested in knowing what this "unique Big Z plastic" is like.

Announcing the Discraft Big Z Collection! They are something different to brighten up your bag: BIG stamps, standard molds, in a unique Big Z plastic! The initial release includes Buzzz, Zombee, Mantis and Crank, with more to come. This is... not a limited run, prices will be the same as Z line discs.

The Big Z Collection makes its debut in limited quantities tonight at the Memorial Championship flymart! Expect to see them in stores soon. GO BIG!

1969195_10153812879590251_1406790898_n.jpg

I am not a huge discraft guy, but those are some cool looking discs. May have to pick them up just to oogle them.

I guess a big XL on a disc isn't too exciting... I'd buy one of those. Maybe even two.

Any word on the "unique big z plastic blend"?

Regardless, if my local gets a few Buzzzes I'll most likely grab one.

The Buzzz looks great but, I don't get to excited about stamps that never last long anyway. I usually end up wiping the stamps off with parts cleaner when they start looking bad.

I'm more interested in what the "unique big z plastic blend" is like?

I will have a big Z buzzz in my bag whether the plastic blend is unique or not is just a bonus.

I might have to get one of each. Love the Zombee stamp!

I'm both happy and sad about the non-limited run. My collector bug is disappointed, but my bag will reap the benefits. :)

Don't throw any of these but would like to check out the plastic for sure. Nice to see the big guys focusing on plastic quality instead of pumping out new molds.

I'm going to speculate but those colors they show on the small picture look an awful lot like the ones they ran for the 10 Year anniversary buzzz so I am going to say the Big Z blend is basically that blend of plastic but ran in these molds with the big stamps.

Did I win the prize for most intelligent sounding guess?

I'm going to speculate but those colors they show on the small picture look an awful lot like the ones they ran for the 10 Year anniversary buzzz so I am going to say the Big Z blend is basically that blend of plastic but ran in these molds with the big stamps.

^This. This might sound strange too, but my club had some z buzzzes that felt strangely similar to the 10 year plastic. Note, this wasn't long after they came out either.

^This. This might sound strange too, but my club had some z buzzzes that felt strangely similar to the 10 year plastic. Note, this wasn't long after they came out either.

I really hope this is the correct guess for these. That plastic combined with the BIG stamps make for some mighty appealing discs. Good stuff Discraft! :thmbup:

I see three of these in my future, and I may even try the Crank depending on how I'm throwing this year. I need a Z Buzzz anyway to replace my Ti and glow ones, I've wanted to try the retooled Mantis, and the Zombee is occasionally useful for me, so why not? The only way I can see not trying these is if the plastic is total crap.

A big Z Wasp would awesome. Especially with a guaranteed flat top.

When I first seen the title of the thread I thought they were going to ghost stamp a big "Z" like the first run Wasps I have. I dig the FR predator ghost stamp too.

Latest posts