• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Discraft/DGA Primary Fairway

cfair

* Ace Member *
What do you think the best single mold or disc combo from these two at Fairway?

I am considering running with DGA's Pipeline or Discraft's Undertaker as a primary driver. I have a Z Undertaker and dig it, but the pipeline seems like a hidden gem.

Could an Xtaker remove the need for a pure flip driver like a Heat?

I think the stalker, mantis and undertaker are the best of the group (my slight bias is showing) Never thrown a pipeline but sounds a lot like the undertaker from what I've read. The heat is a little too fast and too flippy for fairway duties IMO.

The x undertakers I've thrown are pretty stable, not much different than a new z. But could beat in to a nice turning disc.

undertaker has the appeal cuz its in numerous different plastics discraft x plastic is great

Like the Zombee myself I don't know if you call it a fairway but it's listed as a speed seven. And I use it on the fair way but it's recently been replaced by the escape.

Definitely give the Pipeline a try. I love my Pro and I just bought an SP to see how it compares. It's a pleasure of a disc to throw, especially if you hyzer flip (i.e. everyone, hopefully). Undertakers seem to like hard, low throws, and I love my Zs, but I don't think I'll ever have an Undertaker as a primary fairway.

you ever thrown a pro d stalker

Ain't got time for dat. Only Z can handle my canon of a BH :|.

cfair - I hope Discraft doesn't do something so silly. Actually the Stalker is only made in Z (and ProD). For whatever crazy reason it's not made in Glo anymore. I made the good decision to stock up on the Glo's so I'm good for years.

Last edited:
Ain't got time for dat. Only Z can handle my canon of a BH :|.

cfair - I hope Discraft doesn't do something so silly. Actually the Stalker is only made in Z (and ProD). For whatever crazy reason it's not made in Glo anymore. I made the good decision to stock up on the Glo's so I'm good for years.

i wanted a review on the pro d

What do you think the best single mold or disc combo from these two at Fairway?

I am considering running with DGA's Pipeline or Discraft's Undertaker as a primary driver. I have a Z Undertaker and dig it, but the pipeline seems like a hidden gem.

Could an Xtaker remove the need for a pure flip driver like a Heat?

My fairway lineup:
PL Hellfire
SP Tsunami
PL Tsunami
Glo Z Undertaker
Z Undertaker
ESP Glo Undertaker
Z Avenger SS

There is something for everybody. The Pipeline I threw could go in for the ESP Glo Undertaker, stability-wise. Stalkers are pretty awesome, but not enough longer or wind resistant than my midranges. In 5 years that may be a different story.

stalker seems all right, but it seems like it is on the OOP track. If not just being stuck to Z and Glo.

Austin Turner's only fairway is a Stalker. That and Paige having a sig Stalker when she was on the Team makes me think they'll keep it around.

I'd vote for the Mantis or the Undertaker. I bag an Undertaker as I prefer the straight wing and lower profile. The Mantis at my current skill level, seemed to have easier distance potential, though. The month I tested it, my safari layout had a hole right past 380, and I could hit tight S's out to pin high consistently. The Undertaker is less glidey, faster, and my Glo Z's are much more OS than the Big Z Mantis. They required a lower, straight to fade line. Glo Z for wind or hard fading/flex lines, Glo ESP for straight finishes.

3 X's I've been using in the fieldwork bag since last spring are starting to flip over consistently (I'm opting for a similar feeling mold for that turnover spot, though), but they haven't seen many tree hits and have been landing in grass.

I say old(er) school XS and Cyclone. Both fantastic molds. Never clicked with the XL but many like it too...

I say old(er) school XS and Cyclone. Both fantastic molds. Never clicked with the XL but many like it too...

Are you me? I came to say the same thing.
If you can manage to keep a predator long enough, they can become great turnovers. Doss has done this, I on the other hand lose them before they get perfect.

If you can manage to keep a predator long enough, they can become great turnovers. Doss has done this, I on the other hand lose them before they get perfect.

xiqP6cT.gif

Lol, I never cared for the grip of the Predator but I sure as hell love a beat up Banshee! Or Xcal for that matter...

First off +1 for MF Doom avatar.

Second I really liked ESP Cyclones (walled lake tooling). They were alright, there are just other better discs unfortunately.

I am sure that if nate doss himself handed us his flippy-est Pred and gave a one on one driving/turnover lesson that we still wouldn't be able do with it what he can. I also am probably not going to take the 15+ years it would take to season in a single disc to that spot.

I have been throwing an undertow a lot lately. The second run of undertows IMO are more stable then the first runs and fly very stable for me. Not over stable but stable aka straight. Work able disc both bh and fh.

Nate is able to keep disc around so long because he uses a separate bag for non competitive rounds. I know this because he told me. The course in Central Oregon have a lot of lava rock on them and eat up even premium plastic quickly, especially when you throw as hard as he does.

Latest posts