• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Factory Store

You've never thrown an X Comet? That's some good disc right there.

I'm surprised Discraft took this long to do something like this, even though isn't Innova's free after $75?

I think its sickening DC is now competing directly with their retail partners. How is the sport suppose to grow if retailers are cut out of the picture? I HATE this stuff from a small business standpoint.

These companies should be manufacturing and distributing products. leave retail to the well, retailers. The worst part is you cant really have a "shop" without carrying these 2 companies products.

Free market.

This is why brick n mortar shoppes are so rare

it would be like Ford selling cars at discount online and cutting out the middleman but then making the middleman go thru a rigorous process to be a franchise dealer whilst undercutting his sales

it would be like Ford selling cars at discount online and cutting out the middleman but then making the middleman go thru a rigorous process to be a franchise dealer whilst undercutting his sales

Considering very few people sell discraft misprints as it is, I will probably get them from the store. Especially since my local retailers price X plastic the same as ESP.

exactly. and why brick n mortar shops basically need to be secondary distributors in order to even move the volume to keep the doors open. I would imagine the biggest names in the sport do a lot of business outside of just single discs sales to players.

Free market is wtf im talking about Mr. Streets...

Meh. There are so many third party online vendors anymore, not to mention eBay, Facebook groups, etc. competing with brick and mortar retail does it really matter if a manufacturer sells direct?

One disadvantage any of these "factory stores" are always going to have is that you can only buy the house brands there.

link? are we talking the same type site as innova.. where i could for instance buy esp banger-gt's, ti comets, an esp rattler a ti venom, etc?

Innova and DC are the heartbeat of the sport. IMO it matters a LOT more then people think in order to have a healthy market.

Working together growing your customer base should be the goal of these companies. Helping retailers to succeed and be able to grow locally in order to stock more of the products. Would you rather sell a few discs online a day or get 10 new wholesale orders from new stores a month?

....:wall:

In all honesty, brick and mortar availability of discs around here has never been better. Two independent shops. Two PIAS locations. Dick's, Sports Authority, Academy, Walmart (granted WM is mostly crappy Innova molds). And this is with most everyone knowing that you can get stuff cheaper online or from their local club. Ten years ago the pickings were a whole lot slimmer.

There is value to a lot of folks in being able to feel out the plastic before you buy, and having it in your hands to play with immediately, and they're willing to pay a little more plus sales tax for that. No online venture is able to offer that in regards to a physical product yet.

Considering the "Factory Store" model is build on misprints and boutique releases (Ti Rattlers or something), they are their own niche.

Any who, I now can buy cheap X Comet misprints!

yeah i understand where you are coming from completely AIM.. i like the idea of being about to get the limited runs and misprints, etc. though .. around here there are no true disc golf stores and the only place i could actually go buy a disc in person would be Dicks, Academy, etc. and even those are an hour or so drive for me and have VERY limited options .. which i guess could speak to both points

Latest posts