• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Flash Replacement

GoldeyeGolf

Birdie Member
As much as I like the Flash, they are now OOP, and getting hard to find in ESP at lower weights. Looking for suggestions for a replacement. Needs to be available in ESP style of plastic and available in low to mid 160's. I throw mostly backhand, and my drives top out at about 330. Thanks.

I haven't thrown one, but the reviews on infinite make it sound like a Northman or a Falchion could work.

I don't have experience with older discraft models but the rim and stability on Surge SS and Flash are very similar.

Other discs in the same speed range with similar stability but straighter are Westside Northman available in Tournament plastic, Lat 64 Striker available in Gold line, Innova Beast available in Star.

Flashes were sort of all over the place in terms of stability so it might depend on how the Flashes you have fly. I had one that I enjoyed back in the day and even got an ace with it. I'd say Star Wraith or a GL Flow would be good options.

Thrasher. Fuzion Trespass. MVP Inertia. Depends on what you want. Honestly from your post I would recommend a MVP Neutron Inertia. Give it a try, its small rim, easy to grip but goes FARRRRRR and it has easy turn that allows for long S shape lines, at your power level it would be a $ driver. I recommend weights 168-172 but that's me ;)

I'm thinking Inertia is probably what you seek. But the Z Trasher will fly very good for you as well if you want to go a little faster its a re-tooled Flash and is probably really closer to 11 speed. Renegade could also be a good option if you want something that is a little more understable. It depends on your your Flashes are flying for you.

I went back to the beast X. Loved the original, Innova switched them up, so I went to the flash; as soon as they went oop, I switched back. They fly similar enough for me to not tell the difference overall.

Thanks all for the feedback. Decided to give the MVP Neutron Inertia a try. Skeptical of the whole "gyro technology" deal, but do like what seem to be really vibrant color options (being able to easily find a driver is a big plus with me) and also the many weights available. Starting out with a 167, which is kind of my baseline weight for a driver.

The Inertia is a damn fun disc to throw. Gyro schmyro, it doesn't matter. Once thing that is nice is that most of the MVP/Axiom discs you can go pretty light in weight and they still hold their stability. They mold up nice and flat and the grip feels comfortable and some of the colors are great. Enjoy. Let us know how you like it.

I have thrown 166g Neutron Inertia since they were released. I feels like a fairway driver in the hand but with lots more distance. The longest standstill shot I have ever thrown was with that Inertia.
I think you will be happy.

As much as I like the Flash, they are now OOP

hold-on-to-your-butts-9822482.png

Wow too bad I am tapped out of DG funds right now. I threw the Flash for years, swirly ESP would be sweet.

Wonder where these fall on the Flash stability spectrum (which is anywhere from 10/4/0/3 to 10/6/-3/3)?

Wow too bad I am tapped out of DG funds right now. I threw the Flash for years, swirly ESP would be sweet.

Wonder where these fall on the Flash stability spectrum (which is anywhere from 10/4/0/3 to 10/6/-3/3)?

For sure some of them were very overstable. I liked the 10/6/-3/3 ones myself, in ESP.

Latest posts