• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft needs to step their game back up'

I don't believe flight charts. The Crank is basically a ForceSS and somewhat like a Tern, nowhere near the Boss-like ratings some places have given it.

I can understand your questioning of flight charts. But I'd trust the manufacturer's one over all others. How about a CrankSS?

I think Discraft is doing fine not great but fine.

They solved the TI color problem perhaps a little late.

They made Z Nebulas good, which unfortunately didn't fly like Nebulas bad.

They need more beginner friendly understable drivers. Perhaps a FlashSS and a MantisSS.

The Mantis is a more stable Xpress. They sunk all the R&D into the Crank that they just retooled something they already had.

Love the Flick

Years ago my favorite disc was The Reaper. Now one of my favorites is Flick.
The Flick is the flat beef meat hook I need when flicking a forehand over water into the wind and I need to know the disc is coming back & will NOT turn over.

I now have 2 or 3 in the bag at any time. I have 162, 165 & 170:thmbup:

A bunch of people in my area throw flashes religiously!

Cool, glad I'm not the only one :)

Discovered it in a Misprint pack, and the results were so great, surprisingly long and accurate, I kept it in my bag, and its twin from the pack in my backups. A few holes at Dela I have parked more consistently with this disc than any other, e.g. 6 in the long.

Next time I'll say Ah aaaaah! after I throw it. :p

Cool, glad I'm not the only one :)

Discovered it in a Misprint pack, and the results were so great, surprisingly long and accurate, I kept it in my bag, and its twin from the pack in my backups. A few holes at Dela I have parked more consistently with this disc than any other, e.g. 6 in the long.

Next time I'll say Ah aaaaah! after I throw it. :p

Found a Flash a few years back. Always wanted to like it as it has a Full Sail Brewing stamp. Unfortunately I'm not a baller. I use it or the wraith interchangeably as a upwind disc for heavy wind days at Stafford. Now they are swiftly being displaced by a Servo that seems to fight the wind better. All things in their place. It's never a bad thing to have 'found' discs that you don't worry about losing, especially on sketchy shots.
(I s'pose this thread has gone on long enough without resolution to drift a bit....)

I was and still am a big fan of Discraft but they are kinda sitting dead in the water, it seems. My putters/mids are made up of mostly MVP/AXIOM now except for a handful of Drones and I guess the Buzzz was nice at first but the MVP Resistor and Vector have been more reliable. The Nuke didn't really impress me like they blew it up to be and the Crank, as my go-to max distance driver, It BOMBS HUGE but it's kind of a love/hate relationship because it's so touchy, for me on the release angle. I'm always going to have a place in my bag for Forces, Drones, Xtremes and Cranks but I've been replacing DC disc with MVP pretty rapidly. I'd hate to see them tank because they do have some good stuff and I love the Z plastic but it just seems pretty dead over there....

Have you ever thought that maybe they're comfortable where they are?

They make great, consistent plastic and have some solid molds.

Remember they are a "Disc Sports" company and make other discs.

Which they profit from.

I think Discraft will be just fine.

I love Discraft even more now.

Good for people who want to spend $20+ dollars on sparkling plastic that doesn't fly nearly as well as a Cyclone has for twenty years. Disc Golf marketing is ridiculous these days.

Good for people who want to spend $20+ dollars on sparkling plastic that doesn't fly nearly as well as a Cyclone has for twenty years. Disc Golf marketing is ridiculous these days.

wait you mean all the LE/SE stuff everyone who loves DC wishes was stock?!

Oh yeah I feel that. Why did it take a $20 MSRP disc in LE production to come out with molds in glow Z?! whack move.

If they made everything in FLX Glow, I could see everything in my bag being discraft (especially at night)

dunno, but these are kinda cool and everyone likes a "stencil dyed" look.

picture.php

I can almost guarantee that Discraft is still only behind Innova in disc sales. They don't need to worry about getting in the mold race, they have a solid lineup.

The main issue I have with them is the fact that I don't like how most of the discs look. The stamps with that blocky type and the rings around them are not appealing.

The plastic colors also look a little drab, especially some of the Ti and Esp blends. The big Z stamps are pretty cool, I almost got a Buzzz in that one. But for the most part they just aren't that pretty.