• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft NUKE?????

as much as you guys think Discraft shouldn't produce this disc, they really need to if they want to continue competing with Innova. It's just good business and it will appeal to some sponsored guys or those with big arms

That last part is what we will have to find out. Most guys who are sponsored want to see a new disc but they won't put it in their bag unless it means certain requirements. Hopefully it does but if not AMs will buy it anyway since its the latest and Greatest.

They might have two versions and I am hoping to get my hands on the most stable of the two.

That last part is what we will have to find out. Most guys who are sponsored want to see a new disc but they won't put it in their bag unless it means certain requirements. Hopefully it does but if not AMs will buy it anyway since its the latest and Greatest.

They might have two versions and I am hoping to get my hands on the most stable of the two.

are there any prototypes of this circulating in Discraft player's bags yet?

Also, did you ever get a chance to throw the Wave? It was Discraft's attempt at the Groove but they ditched it. Dynamic Discs had two for sale around summer i think

Also, did you ever get a chance to throw the Wave? It was Discraft's attempt at the Groove but they ditched it. Dynamic Discs had two for sale around summer i think

McCabe had some as well as Barsby and I assume the rest of the top team.

didn't get to try the Wave but the Groove isn't too good so it probably was for the best.

http://iowadg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6205&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Here's what Adam Olsen thought of it:

AO; said:
What I thought of the Nuke...

Of course wide rimmed disc. The flight reminds me of a ESP Flash and a seasoned Force. When thrown rhbh the Nuke flips up, goes relatively straight with a little turn to the right. What I liked was when it slowed down it didn't dump out and hyzer hard. The disc penatrated forward and landed flat. I did throw into a slight head wind and the disc immediately turned over. I will be throwing more tomorrow and will bring to King of the Courses if anyone would like to try it out.

Why is it that every time a new fast driver comes out people complain that newbies wont be able to throw it? The fact is there are tons of newbie drivers out there, and it isn't the disc producers responsibility to cater to them more then they already do. I applaud Discraft and Innova for constantly pushing the envelope of what a disc can do and for anyone who saw me throwing the Katana this weekend they know exactly what Im talking about (400 foot laser straight bombs). Everyone dogged on Innova for making that disc too and now it is this Intermediate players go to long driver. I for one can't wait for the Nuke and for anyone who doesn't like it don't buy it.

I agree completely. There are countless "beginner" discs out there right now so it's not like they are sacrificing beginners for higher level players. I like that they are coming out with new ways for fast discs to not hyzer out hard like a boss. I agree that it's not good for new players to pick them up when they aren't ready for them but that's not the manufacturer's fault. If we kept the mindset of not producing new discs and just keeping the old ones then none of these new discs we love so much would have ever come out and the game of disc golf would have never progressed.

P.S. Keep in mind that when the T-bird came out it was the fastest driver out there and was for the bigger arms

Discraft said:
Only 1000 made! The initial release of this maximum distance driver is a fundraiser for the 2010 Memorial Championship. The widest rim legally allowed helps to give NUKE a huge distance advantage, and the 1.6 stability rating makes it more useful to a wider range of players. Available in yellow (pictured) and peach, with a few rare white versions. Stock version will be released spring 2010.

Possibly their answer to the katana?

They have been working on it for over a year so probably not.

Anyway I need to see if we can get some misprints from them.

hmm, did forget about that but idk how long innova worked on the katana either. Only reason I came to that conclusion was them saying it's useful for a wider range of players and so is the katana if you ask me.

Don't see too many long throwers actually using the Katana. Hopefully the Nuke will be useful for those players as well.

Don't see too many long throwers actually using the Katana. Hopefully the Nuke will be useful for those players as well.

it's still new. champ were only available through HeroDisc and the star just became available. may see a few using it when it's in full production

Nukes ready to be shipped.

ph_nuke09_ship.jpg

I just tossed my Esp Nuke around, the production runs are much softer and domier than the prototype I had. Big arms will find it too flippy for maximum shots, except with a tailwind it could get insane distance. Lesser arms might find it to be the long awaited 'magic' disc that adds distance with no extra work needed.
First shot went about 30-40 feet farther than I expected, possibly beyond where the Destroyer would have gone in those conditions, but more to the right.

Latest posts