• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft overstable mids

For the Drone should I get a heavier weight in the 80s or is upper 70s enough. I dont think it would make that big of a difference, would it?

I love my Wasp and Hornet. My 174g z-hornet I use for more spike hyzers from about 200-250. Works fantastic for me. But I love my z-Wasp. It's stiff, and performs like a new Roc for me. It goes straight, slight hyzer, big hyzer, doesn't flip on you...I love it. I always have a couple of these discs in my bag.

Zone and Wasp are always in the bag, Zone is beautifully for tight flex shots, and handles any amount of power you can give it. Love my first run esp wasp. I have a 146 hornet that is in and out of the bag depending on the wind conditions.

I love the DD Z Drones. Fantastic disc. I think its more stable than the FLX one I have and can take a hell of a beating. If you're wanting something that you can throw into the stiffest headwind and it will still go left, that's the disc for you.

I haven't tried the Drone although I've heard some really good things about it. I have tried a Zone, I couldn't warm up to it. The Wasp isn't much different from a Buzzz, imo. So I use the Hornet. Similar to a Roc and more overstable than my Buzzz.

I am new to anything but Innova so can somebody answer the following questions:
Is Z-line plastic the equivalent of champion?
What is crystal plastic?
Unrelated but what does OAT mean?

Thanks

I am new to anything but Innova so can somebody answer the following questions:
Is Z-line plastic the equivalent of champion?
What is crystal plastic?
Unrelated but what does OAT mean?

Thanks

Yes, Z is like Champ. Crystal is something Z plasticish that Discraft makes limited numbers in to sell out jacked up prices to people with too much money. OAT means "Off Axis Torque", which is a form flaw.

The best overstable mid Discraft ever "made" was the Nebula, darn it.

I'm a big fan of my FLX Drone. Very overstable and reliable. It's my main forehand approach disc since my flick has so much OAT. I don't use it too much backhand but when I do, it always seems to save the day for me.

The best overstable mid Discraft ever "made" was the Nebula, darn it.
of the Drones the ESP is probably the best, flatter, handles winds better than the Z
but it doesn't want to go very far and then dumps over really hard

the Hornet is more of a tweener type disc, far mid, short fairway
^they nailed it.

Well I ordered the midnight z drone that SteezeOG recommended. Also picked up a new Z Buzz as I just lost my ESP today and thought I would go to a different plastic and its cheaper lol. Thanks for all of the help.

Well I ordered the midnight z drone that SteezeOG recommended. Also picked up a new Z Buzz as I just lost my ESP today and thought I would go to a different plastic and its cheaper lol. Thanks for all of the help.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. They are incredibly OS. I like the midnight black but some think it's harder to find. You might even get a cool rainbow stamped one. If you don't like it and want to get rid of it PM me I'll trade you something nice. I love those DD Z Drones I'd be happy to make a trade but I imagine you'll love it too. :thmbup:

Latest posts