• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Punisher

Punisher flies more similarly to the Wraith than a Destroyer, IMO. Less HSS than most Destroyers, certainly. Not to say I don't like the mold, but they don't come out to play on windy days. The GLO Z Punishers are the most overstable, if that is what you are looking for.

Really? I must've had a beefy one then. Mine flew as far as a Destroyer, but 0,3 flight pattern.

Punisher

Threw my first Punisher today. Big Z, 171g.

Surprisingly good disc. I really didn't have any expectations, since all everyone can talk about these days is the Kong. I found the Punisher to be a very legit flyer, comparable to a Destroyer. The rim is a bit narrower than the Kong or Destroyer, but shallower. I found that the Punisher had all the zip of the others. It has a bit of high speed turn on hard rips, but is by no means flippy. I was throwing the Punisher hard with full confidence that it wouldn't flip.

In all honesty, I feel like the Punisher is closer to a Destroyer than the Kong is. The Kong reminded me more of a Force. The Punisher I have is fairly flat, whereas the Kong is domey.

I was able to zip the Punisher over 400' with relative ease. The disc is faster than you'd think and penetrates well. Good glide, and it was easily keeping up with the Destroyer and Kong.

Punisher: 12, 5, -1, 2. You only notice the high speed turn when you throw the disc pretty hard. Also, the late fade isn't as sharp as the Kong or Destroyer. I would say the Punisher is underrated, and I'm surprised this disc doesn't get more attention. It is a very capable performer. It reminds me of a Nuke, but a speed slower and with a bit shallower rim.

^^^all of this is my experience with the punisher.

I never clicked with the destroyer. Dont know if it was the dome/rim/variety etc, but I have definitely clicked with the punisher. Pair it with the crank for understable duties, and the vulture for straighter shorter shots.

^^^all of this is my experience with the punisher.

I never clicked with the destroyer. Dont know if it was the dome/rim/variety etc, but I have definitely clicked with the punisher. Pair it with the crank for understable duties, and the vulture for straighter shorter shots.

Pretty spot on shot set-up there

So I like flexy discs. Anyone know how the Zflx Punisher flies compared to others? I currently throw Gstar destroyers which are not as stable as star or champ.

So I like flexy discs. Anyone know how the Zflx Punisher flies compared to others? I currently throw Gstar destroyers which are not as stable as star or champ.

I do not like flexy discs. That being said I like flight of the ZFlx punisher better than any of the other plastics. Only one I havent tried is the Ti.