• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Ringer GT

93EXCivic

Double Eagle Member
Has anyone seen, held or thrown one of these discs yet?

attachment.php

I already liked the subtle ridge of the Ringer/Breaker. Hope these don't take over those molds.

Looks like a gt to me. You can see it better on the green one. They need to make these MJ sig disc, since he carries ringers and bangers.

Or are you guys saying the gt looks too far out to the edge?

Looks like a gt to me. You can see it better on the green one. They need to make these MJ sig disc, since he carries ringers and bangers.

Or are you guys saying the gt looks too far out to the edge?

Yes. Too far out and not the normal half-torus shaped groove. More like a Rhyno, Pig, Birdie, or Wolf.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 38
^oh okay. This could be totally wrong but someone once told me MJ putted with rhynos back in the day. Like I said, may be wrong on this. Maybe they're making these for him. We need him in here instead of me speculating.

Random thought: Discraft needs better baseline plastics.

Prodigy 300,350
Trilogy Medium, Hard
MVP Electron,Electron Firm
Gateway whatever its called

I think discraft has the worst baseline plastic. I used to putt with only their putters but got away from them

Pro-D sucks, Jawbreaker isn't really better

Random thought: Discraft needs better baseline plastics.

Prodigy 300,350
Trilogy Medium, Hard
MVP Electron,Electron Firm
Gateway whatever its called

I think discraft has the worst baseline plastic. I used to putt with only their putters but got away from them

I haven't really tried eveyone's baseline (no experience with Prodigy or MVP baselines) but I like Pro D over Soft/ Medium from Trilogy. I find it about equal to DX or Prime.

I don't like Jawbreaker but I like their other "baseline", Elite X, over any of the baselines from Trilogy though.

I really wish they would release more discs in Elite X.

It's a thumbtrack, not a groove top. The ones I felt were soft like Gateway ssss soft.

Is it deeper then a Rhyno? Or about the same?

It felt much more shallow. I like Gateways low profile putters so maybe that's why I thought it felt nice.
If the thumbtrack adds stability think the Ringer gt will be a winner.

Based on durability?
If so, you're mistaken. I bought a stack last year (pic of Disc Golf Center purchase history attached) when they first came out, and that first stack is still in rotation. Wearing in in at the same rate as my Zero Mercys I used to bag.

If it's based on feel?
Well...that's like...your opinion, man. It would make me question your credibility though, because Zero Medium (and at the height of my Mercy putting days, I had around 15 Mediums mixing it up with the Hards) feels damn close to Jawbreaker.

I echo Civic's sentiments: Elite X is one of the best base plastics. 300 isn't durable and too rubbery, I prefer the more rigid 350. Firm Electron is awesome!

Back to the subject of the OP: MJ is putting Soft X Ringers...I wonder if he had any influence on this version of the mold?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I haven't had good experiences with any Discraft baselines. I didn't use them all THAT much, but from checking things out now, new baselines are far better.

Some sort of updated Pro-D and a Firm would open up possibilities...

I can definitely see MJ putting with these. He used to putt with a Rhyno and if I remember correctly it took him a while to find a putter he liked that was close to a Rhyno after he switched to Discraft.

the hard pro-d is ok the softer is crap jaw-breaker is money IMO on the Magnet with thin bottom rim the jaw-breaker still beat to fast for my liking bur since i switched to putting with the roach i love the jaw-breaker plastic. I haven't tried the the ringer in jaw-breaker but i am a huge fan of the dga breaker so hopefully i will soon.

Is the breaker a renamed Ringer? Just curious because I love my Ledgestone sparkle z Ringer's but can't find anymore in premium plastic. If anyone has any in premium plastic, lmk.

Is the breaker a renamed Ringer? Just curious because I love my Ledgestone sparkle z Ringer's but can't find anymore in premium plastic. If anyone has any in premium plastic, lmk.

I'm pretty sure that the Breaker is a Ringer in different plastics.

Latest posts