• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Discraft "roc"

Knockahomalc

I have a roc in dx plastic and like the way it flies. I also have a buzz in z plastic. I really like the z plastic. Is there a disk with the same flight characteristics as a roc the discraft makes in z plastic. Thanks.

Knock

Wasp

I heard that it was made for Cam Todd when he switched from Innova to Discraft to replace his Roc. I don't know the validity of that, but hey it sounds good.

Have you tried any of innova's more premium plastic? Maybe try a roc in their star plastic, or a champion roc3 if you like the roc.

Have you tried any of innova's more premium plastic? Maybe try a roc in their star plastic, or a champion roc3 if you like the roc.

I would check out the Roc3. That is my "go to" mid! It's a great disc that you can really crank on and it won't turn over on you.

the answer.... more dx rocs :p .. but yeah like sneaky said you could explore some of the premi plastic rocs.. but to answer the question from discraft it would be the Wasp

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16368

oddly enough I started that thread...

I too heard the story about DC making the Wasp and the Challenger for Cam Todd after he defected from Innova. the Wasp is smaller diameter than the Roc and the Challenger is smaller diameter than the BB Aviar. All four are great discs. pretty much just pick your poison. I will say if you are looking for more OS the Hornet is a good one to look at. but if you are just looking for the "closest match" then go with the Wasp.

I am thankful for the info, but I was
On my phone at work. While it was raining, I thought I would ask a question. Everyone has been nice for all my noon questions in the past. I guess rocs are a touchy subject. Thanks for the help. Sorry to waste everyone's time.

Correct. Lol. Rocs are holy ground around these parts.
Any info you could ever want to know about them can be found here--->

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320

This thread is a great read. Give it a whirl. You'll come out of it like this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 10
Aftershock is closer than the Wasp, imo; and it's not small diameter like the nebula. It comes in proline (similar to esp), sp (similar to Z), and D-line (similar to Pro-D). It's a DGA disc; Discraft molds their discs.

Aftershock is closer than the Wasp, imo; and it's not small diameter like the nebula. It comes in proline (similar to esp), sp (similar to Z), and D-line (similar to Pro-D). It's a DGA disc; Discraft molds their discs.

Which plastic is more stable?

Which plastic is more stable?

SP and Proline are both pretty stable, SP probably slightly more; SP beats in much more slowly, though. So I would say SP. D-Line is the least stable and quickest to beat in.

Oooh ... I might have to take back that bit about D-line being least stable. It beats in the quickest, but I got a 150g Squall, and that thing won't flip for nothin' yet. Stability between the 3 are very similar; time to beat in is significantly different. In order of durability (low to high) it's: D-line, Proline, SP.

Last edited:
For me, I prefer the wasp. At first the bead on a fesh one turned me off but after a couple throws it gave my beloved Buzzz'z a run for their money. I never took to the Roc because there were just too many various blends through-out the years to really find the ONE that did it all for me. I just went with the poor-mans Roc, aka the Wasp. Probably saved a ton of money going this route too.

FWIW, the advanced search option is one of the best features on this site. Type in a word or two, click the button and soak up as much knowledge as you can. I've been using it since I joined 5 yrs ago and hardly ever have to start a new thread or even need to post since almost anything you could think of about disc golf has been discussed on dgcr or dgr (dgr search never worked well). Not knocking on the noobs but you'll have answers in milliseconds and without the hazing. :)

Maybe I just like to read a lot (lurking?) But I keep tabs on the place almost everyday and have learned quite a bit (maybe too much) about our favorite past-time. Even the BS that goes here and there can be entertaining. My favorite part about the site is SEARCHING for new courses to check out.

So there's my .02 and my 500th post. Only took me 1900 days to reach it :)

A Wasp would be the best answer as many have stated.

The Wasp Throws similar to a Flat Top Roc(For me) but the Wasp feels just a tick faster.

A Wasp is a very nice disc,I used one for a while and they get a lot better with age.