• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft stalker.

not to thread jack but i have a white 2009 kanas worlds esp stalker i don't have much need for, if any one is lookin to try one out. im lookin for a goldline/opto vision, and others

I agree. Probably to much power for the disc.Try a heavy Beast.I don't have the power you young guys do,so the Stalker is a good 200' bullit for me.No disrespect intended TXDISCGOLFBOY.

None taken :). For people that don't have a lot of distance. I'd STRONGLY recomment it. I'd say it flies like a super buzz. Not so much leopard.

For those wanting to take it off of my hands...sorry. I got it from the PDGA when I signed up, so it kind of has some sentimental value.

I carry one in my bag, and use it alot for tight fairways out to about 200-225. I like it alot, and if I throw it with a little anhyzer, it straightens up and holds that line pretty well. I got the black one also, and took it out of my bag for fear of loosing it....It resides on my wall now!!

A stalker is stable, an avenger ss is understable. Z stalkers in normal weights shoulndnt be flippy under 320 or more. Granted my beat 170 does, but not my newer 173.

I carry one in my bag, and use it alot for tight fairways out to about 200-225. I like it alot, and if I throw it with a little anhyzer, it straightens up and holds that line pretty well. I got the black one also, and took it out of my bag for fear of loosing it....It resides on my wall now!!

Hey Trampy, you remember that you and I made back to back , dead straight shots on hole #3 there at Jack Brooks, with our Stalkers. Everyone was amazed at our shots.:hfive:

I can throw my TL further but willing to try the stalker when its time.

Just a FYI The Z stalker (sparkle, normal, glow and now cryztal) is the only production type of stalker. Z is typically more stable than ESP. Its a speed 6 disc like a lepoard, it is has a larger diameter and therefore flight plate, so potentially more glide. The large bead on it *should* make it more HSS, it is not particuraly low speed overstable hence the 1.1 discraft gave it.

It is discrafts most stable production fairway driver. In my humble experience it is a great disc, but it needs to be thrown hard to achieve its maximum potential. The 170 +/- 2gs seem to fly the comparable to a TL and the heavier weights are more like a teebird and a safer bet in the wind. On a still day with good tech it should not flip before 350ft.

In short if you are a discraft fan, its is one of their most versatile and excellent discs. If your not bothered throw a teebird.

Just a FYI The Z stalker (sparkle, normal, glow and now cryztal) is the only production type of stalker. Z is typically more stable than ESP. Its a speed 6 disc like a lepoard, it is has a larger diameter and therefore flight plate, so potentially more glide. The large bead on it *should* make it more HSS, it is not particuraly low speed overstable hence the 1.1 discraft gave it.

It is discrafts most stable production fairway driver. In my humble experience it is a great disc, but it needs to be thrown hard to achieve its maximum potential. The 170 +/- 2gs seem to fly the comparable to a TL and the heavier weights are more like a teebird and a safer bet in the wind. On a still day with good tech it should not flip before 350ft.

In short if you are a discraft fan, its is one of their most versatile and excellent discs. If your not bothered throw a teebird.

This is the best description of the Stalker I've read on this thread. I wouldn't judge it based on the ESP PDGA discs because that was just a test run and those are wall discs. It is far closer to a long mid than a distance driver, and if you are flipping a Z Stalker uncontrollably then it is probably something in your form and not the disc.

i threw a proto for a while. it was great; but its gone now, got a first run and it kind of sucks.
x tracker is all that the stalker was and much more. too bad its now oop

Latest posts