• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft: Superclass?

Natty Dreadz

Bogey Member
So, I was bombin' the Condor today and lovin' it... Some people have called it a "giant roc" or "papa roc", so it got me thinking... Why has'nt Discraft really tapped into the "Superclass" market yet? They make plenty of lids, and plenty of golf discs, but no "lid like" golf discs, ie. Condor, Zephyr, etc. Everyone loves the Buzzz, so why not make a "giant/papa Buzzz"? Maybe call it the "Queen"? Hmmm....

Mainly just using "Superclass" as a "size spec" for the thread, dont necessarily mean for legal use in a "Superclass" tourney... Altho the Ultrastar is approved, its hardly the same thing... Still in the "Lid" category, whereas the Zephyr is not... I wanna see Discraft release something along these lines. Sans the word "Superclass", I really just want a giant Buzzz, lol

At any rate, the Condor is a niche disc that very few people use. Discraft is a very sales-oriented business that drops slow selling discs. Even if Discraft had come out with a Condor-type disc back in the day, it would have long since gone OOP.

Def taking this way too literally... lol. Ok, yes, the Zephyr IS a "lid", but, it comes in DX plastic, up to 200 grams. Ultra star is an ultimate disc, ONLY comes in 175G, and also only in "lid plastic". WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE, is a Discraft "lid style" disc that comes in golf plastic, in varying weights. Clarified?

Can you imagine using the Condor as a putter? At 24cm, how could you miss the chains? LOL.

I was bangin some huge putts with the thing today! It's so sick! Played a Condor only round at a local beginner course, def a relaxing break from regular golf!

I would say the Condor is closer in feel to the buzzz anyone with its lack of a bead. Flies a lot like a buzzz too. Maybe just bye a Condor and wipe the stamp and write Papa Buzzz on the top :confused:

Def taking this way too literally... lol. Ok, yes, the Zephyr IS a "lid", but, it comes in DX plastic, up to 200 grams. Ultra star is an ultimate disc, ONLY comes in 175G, and also only in "lid plastic". WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE, is a Discraft "lid style" disc that comes in golf plastic, in varying weights. Clarified?
Discraft had a cool lid back in the day, I think it was called a Sky Streak. They had a bunch of "Sky something" discs so I get them confused. Anyway, it wasn't huge like a Zephyr but it was bigger than a Roc. The plastic was really nice, almost like Elite X as I recall. It was a really nice lid-type disc for golf. They killed it a long, long time ago.

Ah yes, the Sky-Streak. I don't think that they were originaly designed to be a golf disc, but they were popular for disc golf, and were PDGA approved. They were smaller than the Wham-o lids being used back then.

picture.php

Sky-Streak huh? Hmm... Wonder if I could find one.... hahaha. Thanks for the info tho! Just thought it might be an interesting topic to post about considering no one really posts about these discs to often!

I would say the Condor is closer in feel to the buzzz anyone with its lack of a bead. Flies a lot like a buzzz too. Maybe just bye a Condor and wipe the stamp and write Papa Buzzz on the top :confused:

I was actually under the same impression myself, reminds me a lot of a Buzzz actually. This is just what all my "Roc friends" have said, haha. I personally do not throw Rocs (dont like the bead!), I'm a huge Buzzz fan myself. I just prefer Discraft plastics and molds any day, except when it comes to Drivers (distance, fairway, all of em), than im all over Innova. Discraft mids/putters for the win!!

The old plastic is cool and fun to collect, but I wouldn't want to throw them anymore. Not when we have sweet, sweet, Buzzz's to throw now!

Can you imagine using the Condor as a putter? At 24cm, how could you miss the chains? LOL.
The drawback with huge diameter putters is that they're more easily deflected by the chains than their smaller diameter brethren.

We have two courses here, one with Innova DisCatcher Sports and one with Gateway Titans. The Titans have heavier duty chains in the chain assembly. 1/2 dozen times I've sent a Zephyr on a soft "touch" line to the basket, had it hit dead center on a Titan only to have it drop straight down to the ground. It's like the disc was moving so slowly that it couldn't push the heavy chains back enough to go in. It hasn't happened to me on the DisCatcher Sport, but they have a lighter chain assembly.

The drawback with huge diameter putters is that they're more easily deflected by the chains than their smaller diameter brethren.

I find the opposite to be true...example: putting with the 22cm Aero(not my main putter), it snags more chain if the putt's offline, and still drops in the basket. The Aero's not huge, but same principle.