• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Throwable Speed 12 in the Works?

Discraft has good fairway drivers. They are called the XL, XS, Xpress, Predator, Stalker, Tracker (sorta)

They also have really good control drivers: Avenger & Avenger SS

They have a "weeny friendly" fast driver: Surge SS

What Discraft should probably do is have another round of discontinuations. They can live without the Hawk, Spectra, their "long range driver" lineup, and maybe a couple more.

Not sure if it's 100% true but after talking with a few people who represent discraft, we were told that discraft was going to make a move into the bubble thing. It was funny cuz we were sating they should call it Nothing. Cuz its like your throwing nothing. Lemme get a 145g Nothing Nuke plz! haha.

Not sure if it's 100% true but after talking with a few people who represent discraft, we were told that discraft was going to make a move into the bubble thing. It was funny cuz we were sating they should call it Nothing. Cuz its like your throwing nothing. Lemme get a 145g Nothing Nuke plz! haha.

Oh geez, I hope that isn't true.

It was inevitable that DC would make ultra light discs after the Blizzard of 2012. They have to compete or become irrelevant.

OP here,

All the "you should disc down" comments are well received. I got some lunch time practice in today and threw a couple Surge SS's the farthest I've ever thrown them. Nice nose down, flat release, slight turnover rips. A couple just as far as my Nukes.

(From a basball diamond. Not sure what D was, but probly 300, 300+)

I'll have to work on pushing my surge/ surge ss's 300+....

/k

Your arm speed (read:distance) will only improve in time and all your drives will go farther eventually, after many many reps. Fast discs like the Nuke are meant to be thrown WAYYY farther than 300'. Learning to throw a Nuke 300' straight will essentially jack your form up something fierce. I really want everyone to enjoy disc golf. It seems that you are a new thrower with a brand bias. There weren't as many 600' throwers in the early 2000s but they did exist, and they threw old slow discs.

I've often thought Discraft should / will go after Innova's Destroyer for its combination of speed, distance, throwability, and (most importantly?) rim / grip size.

To be honest, I dont feel a difference in rim width between a nuke and a destroyer.

Looking at the distance from old comps I see a lot of people hitting 600+ with dx teebirds.

Hmmmmm.....

Love the Force. Found it much more consistent than the destroyer.

Lighter weights bomb and flip flat.

From Discraft's Facebook page recently:

Stuart Autry:
Any plans to ever release X Forces? ESP Forces are awesome bombers when they beat in and get that glide. I bet an X Force would out bomb any Pro Destroyer any day of the week! I'd gladly pick up a stack of 20 if you did :)

Discraft Disc Golf:
Considering the huge success of X Nuke (http://discraft.com/pix/grc_nuke_wmd_lg.jpg , see Koling), the chances of seeing X Force are good to excellent. :) Thanks for asking, Stuart!

"This thread is more than 238 days old. It is very likely that further discussion is unneeded and replying is not recommended. If you still feel it is necessary to post a new reply, you may do so."

To be honest, I dont feel a difference in rim width between a nuke and a destroyer.

Really? Maybe for you normal hand sized people. In my sausage hands, Destroyers are fairly comfortable and Nukes and their ilk I cant even power grip. True story.

I have smaller hands but find the sp hurricanes to feel comfy and easier to throw than z forces.

From Discraft's Facebook page recently:

Stuart Autry:
Any plans to ever release X Forces? ESP Forces are awesome bombers when they beat in and get that glide. I bet an X Force would out bomb any Pro Destroyer any day of the week! I'd gladly pick up a stack of 20 if you did :)

Discraft Disc Golf:
Considering the huge success of X Nuke (http://discraft.com/pix/grc_nuke_wmd_lg.jpg , see Koling), the chances of seeing X Force are good to excellent. :) Thanks for asking, Stuart!

Hey, that was my question! I totally forgot about that conversation I was having with them. It's about the same time I started really pestering them to produce a premium plastic Ringer and all of a sudden, we have a Breaker :). Ask and you shall receive!

Latest posts