• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Titanium (now with pics)

I couldn't help myself
CAP201205272112.png

CAP2012052721111.png

You almost have to wonder if the guy who selected that green color for production has ever played a round of disc golf...

I've been holding out on the Ti Buzzz until some brighter colors show up at my shop. Pink or a more vivid orange would be awesome.

I have a gold Stalker and it is an unnatural bright color so it stands out against every background and in the shadows/at night.

Yeah...that green one was a pain in the ass to spot in the fairway...let alone longer grass. I really like the Copper Ti plastic. Pretty easy to spot all around. The Slate blue Ti plastic is nice as well.

I finally threw a couple max weight Titanium Buzzzes today. One was a gold color with HukLab stamp, and is ultra-flippy. The other was plain silver/grey and was a tad under-stable. I don't like them, at all. The Z Buzzz flies perfectly straight for me, I have a good clean throw with these discs. Now I see that there's no reason whatsoever for me to throw one of these Ti Buzzzes, just like I didn't really have much use for the Buzzz SS. So my first impression of Ti Buzzz is 2 thumbs down. Nice try, Discraft!

I got to toss that blue Buzzz and it's beefy. The most overstable Buzzz I've thrown. It's in new DX Roc territory. Only threw it like 4 times though

Same durability as Z. Don't think its any more or less resistant to dings or scuffs.

Ryan C said:
Same durability as Z. Don't think its any more or less resistant to dings or scuffs.

So Ti is the same durability as Z, similar feel/tackiness as Z, the good ones fly like their Z versions...but much less consistent than Z (wild variations in stability, even for the Buzzz)...

...so will somebody please tell me why you'd pay twice as much for what appears to me (based on a wide variety of accounts) to be an inferior product? Why is everybody buying the hype?

JHern said:
Ryan C said:

So Ti is the same durability as Z, similar feel/tackiness as Z, the good ones fly like their Z versions...but much less consistent than Z (wild variations in stability, even for the Buzzz)...

...so will somebody please tell me why you'd pay twice as much for what appears to me (based on a wide variety of accounts) to be an inferior product? Why is everybody buying the hype?
Theyre new :/

I am liking my Titanium Buzzz a lot, although have never tried a Z Buzzz. The Ti Buzzz has a nice straight shot with a slight turnover. The plastic quality seems high, and it is durable. However, they do make a LOT of dark colors that nobody really wants to throw.

How heavy is your Ti Buzzz and how far do you throw it? Mine is 175 and doesn't turn over. I have not tested the distance yet but 300'+.

I like the Ti Buzzz, but I'm sticking with my first run buzzzes. My heavy Ti Buzzzes would not flip without a headwind or unless I started them turned over. If it weren't for my first runs I could see a heavy glow buzzz for overstable, a Ti Buzzz for stable, and a QMS for stable to understable combo.

Anyway, I got a 177+ gold Ti Wasp that I'm liking so far. It doesn't have anywhere near the glide of my Buzzzes but it does like to fade left the last third of the flight on a flatish throw. I've been trying pro-d drone and pro-d zone for the go left with safety shots. I guess I'm used to having to throw the drone and zone harder so the Wasp isn't a big difference versus adding hyzer on the further flying buzzz. I've thrown rocs for overstable mid in the past so the bead doesn't bother me and I like the beefier rim of the wasp for power shots which is why I dropped rocs for the wider rimmed buzzz. If the wasp had more glide I'd like it even more... or if the roc had a wider rim and still had the same glide I'd bag rocs again. I feel like I can really power up the wasp and not have too much worry about it flipping on a low flat line where a ching roc might turn into a head wind and a rancho hold straight. There's a lot of trees at my home courses so pro-d means lots of rotation where Ti Wasp should last a while given my limited need for overstable mid. Also, I've had a couple good flicks, more practice required, but they were easy to control.

Not too many big wind days in Memphis. Hot, humid, and still.

JR said:
How heavy is your Ti Buzzz and how far do you throw it? Mine is 175 and doesn't turn over. I have not tested the distance yet but 300'+.

Mine is 177g, and on a good rip I can throw it 300 to 320 feet. It holds a line really well, but it will turn over just a little bit for me.

Is your disc flat at the top? Mine is and at 175-176 it is at least as HSS and a little more LSS than a 180 flat top Z Buzzz.