• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft XL

Bagged XS/XL's back in the dizzle. solid drivers and liked you could get XL's which went from flippy to teebird stable almost some of the old small stamp z's.

Bagged XS/XL's back in the dizzle. solid drivers and liked you could get XL's which went from flippy to teebird stable almost some of the old small stamp z's.

I'm hoping the three that I got will be like that.

I'm working on this mold cut down thing and I can't wait to try this disc out when I'm in the woods or in some shorter wide open drives where my mids won't quite reach.

Them old stamp Z's are hard to find anymore. I still got a few of the old Z's in other discraft discs though. :thmbup:

I just got one of my XL's today through the mail and I really like the way it feels.

It has a slight dome,but nothing too bad and the grip is great. The feel reminds me of how my Freak(PD) feels but smaller. I know it's not gonna fly like a Freak,but man that's good having two discs with similar grips.

The one I got today was the Elite Z. I'm still waiting on my ESP and my Elite X.

I got my other two XL's today. :D

After I get this house cleaned I will give the run down on ho these things throw. Gonna hit the course here in about 2 hours. :D

If you end up wanting more, I got 3 xls that are just hanging on the wall. Got a flx, esp, and z ranging from flippy to stable.

If you end up wanting more, I got 3 xls that are just hanging on the wall. Got a flx, esp, and z ranging from flippy to stable.

If they range from 167 to 169 and are yellow,orange,red or white then I'm game. Well first I have to throw these things to see if I'll like them. Just by how they feel in my hand I'm gonna like these discs a lot. :thmbup:

If they range from 167 to 169 and are yellow,orange,red or white then I'm game. Well first I have to throw these things to see if I'll like them. Just by how they feel in my hand I'm gonna like these discs a lot. :thmbup:

They are orange flx, red esp, and pink z. weight ranges from 167-172. when I was throwing these, I really liked having all 3, because they covered everything other than overstable windfighting. the flx will take a hyzer flip and turn over for a nice anny line, the esp will stick any line you want, and the z is just straight. xl is a great disc...its just as I start throwing farther, they have been more susceptible to turn. I was throwing these at least 350' before putting them up for the more stable teebird.

Last edited:
I have probably thrown the XL off and on for almost 13 years now. Don't leave out Pro D XLs. After a little wear they look like crap but they become awesome hyzer flip machines and are easily replaced. In almost every stage of wear, I can get more distance from a Pro D then the premium plastics. Elite X and ESPs are pretty close in my opinion but it is more difficult to find good ESPs. My experiences with Zs is limited but the ones I have had were very stable, almost as stable as the X2.

Not to derail the thread. But if you want more over stable the. The XL try the cyclone. Have heard it's a discraft version of the teebird

But that being said I use PDs for fairway drivers. I can hit anything from 340'-400'. Powers down well beats in great and goes fast so wind isn't a huge factor.

Not to derail the thread. But if you want more over stable the. The XL try the cyclone. Have heard it's a discraft version of the teebird

The Cyclone was released in '93. The Gazelle is a clone of the Cyclone, and it was released in '94. The Teebird was not released until '99.

BTW, the XL was released before the 'Bird, in '98.

Last edited:
The Cyclone was released in '93. The Gazelle is a clone of the Cyclone, and it was released in '94. The Teebird was not released until '99.

BTW, the XL was released before the 'Bird, in '98.

Ha the. The bird is a copy of the cyclone! Lol

So far I like what I got.

The ESP and Z fly exactly the same right now. Goes completely straight with a small fade at the end. The Elite X is going to be pretty good,I had a really good turnover drive with it earlier.

The Z flew incredibly well in a Headwind Earlier. I was afraid it was gonna turnover so I adjusted the angle a bit and had a killer S-Shot into a Headwind that went about 350ft.

For sure feels like a disc that will stay in my bag for a while.

Really intrigued by this disc since Streets was nailing drives with his at the VIP IDGC meetup!

Getting more use to throwing the XL.

This is one of the better discs I have thrown in the woods. I can throw it on some tight lines or I can power down and still hit some really good lines.

There is this one hole at the Local course that is so heavily wooded that you don't see how a disc can even get to the basket. The XL can and I've done it 4 out of 5 times so far. This disc is just plain awesomeness.

I was having a ton of problems throwing my Crank. My buddy was having a ton of trouble with his X XL...we swapped just for the heck of it, and it will take a little getting used to but I reeeeally like it. He likes the Crank so we may just end up trading.

I know this is an old thread but FWIW, I definitely recommend the XL as an all around driver. I use a Crush and Avenger SS for certain wind conditions but the XL seems to be a perfect go-to for general drives.

Latest posts