• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft XS

toothyfish

* Ace Member *
Any love for this disc? I'm throwing Valkyries and Avengers right now. I was looking for some thing still understable, yet not as much as the Valkyrie. I've tried Vikings, they're good, but I'm really liking Discraft drivers lately.

The XS looks like it could be hyzer flipped for long straight big D, and still be thrown as a turnover disc, but maybe with a bit more control than Valks.

Yes, No, Maybe So?

Hmmm not sure about the XS but I know what you mean with the Valks. Threw my 150 yesterday in a wooded course and it seems like I need more room to work it, but damn does that thing really take off and look like it wants to really go, if it werent for those trees. lol

I love the XS in Z plastic RHBH and sometimes a ittle flick when something is REAL tight. the disc is a little under stable but great for straight down the gut shots and and straight with some fade right towards the middle and finishes nice. It goes far too... easy 350 down the pipe. Gets flippy in the wind. I do like it more that valks.... used to throw them.... now its Z-XS.

I too could offer up a Z XS for trade about a 169 in yellow has some ink on the flight plate...I'd rate it at a 7.5 on the Sleepy Scale

I do actually throw the XS but not in Z
I throw it in the old style Tourney Pro plastic...it's a bit more understable in that plastic and it can beat in quicker but the glide is something else

I use it for anhzyers and hyzer flips

it makes for a nice combo with my DX Teebirds

I don't think the XS is what you're looking for. I have one and it's way flippier than any of my Valks. It usually finishes to the right for me.

I don't think the XS is what you're looking for. I have one and it's way flippier than any of my Valks. It usually finishes to the right for me.

Is it beat in a bit?

Manu and Cooler - thanks, but I think if I want to try it, I want it new or near new so that it would be as stable as possible. As it beats in, it could take the place of my Valks, but I want something just a touch understable for now.

Last edited:
Love this disc. It's a good compliment to my Teebird and will use it when I don't want as much fade at the end. I'll do a very slight hyzer-flip with it and it will go straighter than any disc in my bag with very minimal fade or I can throw it flat with a little air under it and it will turn over into a nice anny-type shot.

The XS was the second disc I ever threw, and I still keep 1 in my bag in Elite X plastic. It is extremely beat up and will go whichever way you point it - It really excels with dead straight shots or hyzer flips. Probably the most versatile disc in my arsenal. Very good "out of the box" too - doesn't have a long break-in period. I had a nice hyzer with it today on a 230 ft. hole that landed about 28 ft from the basket.

Blew the putt though.:wall:

XS in Z plastic is my favorite disc for placement thumbers. i think it sucks as a backhand disc though. just throw a TL

The XS is really two different discs.
The X-XS is very much a turnover disc. It is understable and downright flippy when beat in. This disc will g a long way with the right throw and is great for people with noodle arms like mine.
The Z-XS is much more stable and obviously takes a lot longer to beat in. It will alos go a long way and has great glide.

Throw a better XS... an XL.

Throw a more stable XL, a 172g ESP XL.

Throw a brand new 172g ESP XL in white. Shipped for only $12.

You know you want it...

/end shameless plug.

Seriously though, the XS is kind of like the Valk and Avenger SS but a little bit slower. The XL, while very close to the XS, is a tad more stable. I turned over an Avenger SS but thow my XL (not the one for sale) straight as a bullet.

XS in Z plastic is my favorite disc for placement thumbers. i think it sucks as a backhand disc though. just throw a TL

Since I take credit for you using the XS i will agree about its prowess as a thumber disc. I gotta disagree though, Id say its a really good backhand disc and would go as far as to say its better then the new Stalker as a tunnel disc. Unfortunately it cant hold a candle to a Leopard so I dont throw it back hand. TL's lick my balls :thmbdown:.

Is it beat in a bit?

Manu and Cooler - thanks, but I think if I want to try it, I want it new or near new so that it would be as stable as possible. As it beats in, it could take the place of my Valks, but I want something just a touch understable for now.

Yes, it's a bit beat up, but nothing drastic.

I really don't think the XS is what you want if you're looking for something a little bit more stable than a Valkyrie. The XS is a great turnover disc. It's so flippy you'd think you were left-handed, which makes is great for shots that need to finish right.

If you're looking for something slightly more stable than a valkyrie, but similar, you want a Viking.

Thanks for all the info. It doesn't sould like I am looking for the XL afterall. I want Valkyrie/Avenger distance with something that falls in between the two on the stability scale. Sounds like I just need to start beating in my Elite X Avenger more and it will fill the slot.

Since I take credit for you using the XS i will agree about its prowess as a thumber disc. I gotta disagree though, Id say its a really good backhand disc and would go as far as to say its better then the new Stalker as a tunnel disc. Unfortunately it cant hold a candle to a Leopard so I dont throw it back hand. TL's lick my balls :thmbdown:.

post fail. i threw the xs before i met you. Z XS blows as a backhand disc. it's not comfortable in my hands, thus making it harder to control than a butter smooth TL or Teebird.

Thanks for all the info. It doesn't sould like I am looking for the XL afterall. I want Valkyrie/Avenger distance with something that falls in between the two on the stability scale. Sounds like I just need to start beating in my Elite X Avenger more and it will fill the slot.

Correction to above: XS, not XL. Actually, either. Fairway distance is covered.

Will pursue the beat-in Avneger or Viking option, most likely.

Latest posts