• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Zepplin (2011 Ace Race)

I think this disc is great, but I don't see it replacing anything in my bag. It overlaps with what I have, otherwise I'd keep this Zepplin in place.

I am going to throw it for FHs just to play with it for the winter and to work on my form.

The brilliance of ace-race prototypes.... force everyone to use it. Expect those to have memorable aces or metal hits to buy a few after production. Lather/rinse/repeat.
This, my friends, is QFT.

Every one of you should try playing your normal course with an Ultrastar.

Between that, putting practice, and my HyzerBomb gear I expect to play extremely better than I did this past weekend.

really? i don't know if you get paid for plugging their gear, but somehow i think the putting practice will make more of a difference than whatever hoodie or drifit they gave you.

Can't wait for next year's Skynyrd!

After throwing this disc 50+ times at the Ace Race, I have the "Zeppelin" pretty well figured out. I have been using it since then with very accurate results for straight upshots. I can't depend on it to turn or fade, it just drops straight, like the Hindenburg. I don't think it will replace my Aviars as far as putting goes. I haven't had any problems using it in the wind (the last ten or so rounds I have played were in windy conditions). I have only used the pro-d one so far. Glad it's approved!

Lots of people HATED the disc at the Ace Race I attended, but I didn't mind it too much. It definitely isn't going anywhere near my bag--in fact, I actually sold the two I got at the AR--but it wasn't terrible. It held a pretty straight line, whatever that release was (hyzer, straight, annie), but it wasn't very comfortable in my hand. Might be a good disc for some players. Cool name!

I had trouble at first figuring out how to grip it. As long as I take time to make sure my grip is correct before I throw it, it's been very reliable. I don't have the biggest hands. I use a modified power grip; all four fingers tight around the rim, but I leave my index finger a little loose. My one buddy has been using the same grip on his, for the same shots. I've been getting a lot of drop in threes on tough holes lately.

I like it ,it's in my bag, sometimes glides too far.It's like a shorter meteor for me .Been using the esp and will switch to my pro d this winter as it is black. I agree^^ with the previous post about the grip.

i don't think it's as horable as some think. not the disc for me, but my friend throws his pretty well. glad to see it got aproved

really? i don't know if you get paid for plugging their gear, but somehow i think the putting practice will make more of a difference than whatever hoodie or drifit they gave you.

I don't and agree of course. The biggest part of my putting game missing is confidence and if having those shirts gives me the placebo effect of raising that then it could indirectly help. I'm a relatively good putter outside of sanctioned events, and clearly the best way to fix that is through practice and not clothing.

Latest posts