• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs acting very "lazy" with better form

Snailpowered

Par Member
Okay I know that is a odd title but it is the best word that I can describe what my discs are acting like.
If I throw a neutral disc like my beat in Dynamic Discs fuzion Tresspass it flies very strait when released flat and about 325-350 out it turns gently to the right stables up and has a slight fade. Another good example is my Opto Fuze, it will go straight for about 275 and then will turn and go right until the end of its flight.
I find it odd, is this possibly because of the amount snap and spin that I can finally but on the disc cause a bit of a gyroscopic effect on the disc causing a "lazy" behavior in the discs flight ratings?
I have drastically improved my form, and it has taken alot of hard work but I have to give a huge thanks to Sidewinder22 his videos and comments have enabled me hit 465ft on my drives and 375 with my mids, so BIG up to him and all that he does for the community. If you rear this and have pans on ever heading down to Orlando on a vacation PM me and my door is open to ya.

Welcome and thanks, I'm not familiar with those discs, but yes, more spin resists turn and fade due to it's increased gyro effect which makes it straighter/stable/neutral, or "lazy". :rolleyes:

That late turn sounds like what you get with higher "snap" throws. I'm not familiar with those discs, either but the flight you're describing matches what I'd expect with those distance you gave.

ooh, please share how you improved. I'm looking for that type of improvement in my form to take my game to the next level also......isn't everyone?

lol

Thanks!

I think the term on DGR forums was "hyper spin"? The disc is stabilized by gyroscopic for a good portion of the flight, and the turn and fade you're used to seeing right off your hit doesn't come into play until later in flight as the spin winds down.

PuttMcPants, there is alot that goes into proper form and it has taken about a year of on and off field work to get to that point. Just going to the course and playing probably isnt going to get it done for you, your going to have to put in practice at a field a few hours a week. For me the biggest things that changed my throw are s l o w I n g d o w n and excellerating through the swing, reaching back but not so much it causes an imbalance, and staying quick and light on my feet. I never had alot of success with the x step so I went to the pro hop. I felt lighter on my feet and better weight movement with that. Post up a video there are alot of people here to help you

I think you're discs are finishing to the right, but I don't really understand "lazy" disc flight. Are you expecting them to finish left?

It was best stated above, the charactor of the flight 9f a disc happens later in flight because of the amount of snap I am starting to put into the disc. Thus it turns later in flight and fades after that instead of turning just after it leaves the hand.

So was I right in paraphrasing?
You throw said Fuse and it travels straight then turns right.
When thrown previously said Fuse would travel straight then turns left.
Also for confirmation you're throwing RHBH?

So was I right in paraphrasing?
You throw said Fuse and it travels straight then turns right.
When thrown previously said Fuse would travel straight then turns left.
Also for confirmation you're throwing RHBH?

You were kind of correct... and yes I throw RHBH. When I used to throw my Fuse it used to go about 30-40 feet that then turn gently right. Now if I throw it (not finesse the shot) it will now travel very straight for 200 or so feet and then turn right with a bit more athority, hence the "lazy"ness in the disc because of the very delayed turn of the disc. I am not a player that throws on a hyzer, but instead release the disc very flat.

Hope that explained it a bit better