• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs beat in becoming more stable.

wolito

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
I am not asking why discs become more understable the more they are used/ beat in. Why can't discs become more stable when they get worn insted of the other way around. The more I develop my skill/power/snap, the more discs eventually turn over for me to the point when they become so flippy, that they lose a lot of their functionality. If they were to become more stable, then they could be used longer in the sense that more power and snap could be applied and they could still fly somewhat straight. Does this make sense? Has any one else thought about this before? What do you guys think?

I have thought about what you are saying but I like it the way it is right now.
I like to throw softly/smoothly and I'm a cheap guy. Having a disc beat into more understable gives me incentive to buy fewer discs and use the ones I have. If they beat in to more overstable then I would throw them less and less as time went on. The DG companies would love that, my wallet would hate it.

Also, when your disc gets really old and mad flippy then you have a good candidate for a noob lender. If things worked the way you described then you would be lending noobs your brand new discs.

I like it the way it is also with the better plastics anyway. Base plastic doesn't last long. Maybe if the flight plate were on the bottom of the disc instead of the top, it would become more stable as it beat in.

I would hate to see the flight of an 11x Firebird or an Opto XXX after a year of steady tree wacks! Damn thing would be a boomerang lol

I would buy Sonics, 150 Stingrays and 150 Wolfs like crazy.

I prefer discs to beat in. For sure. They fly further and start to obtain more glide...at least with my experience.

The more I develop my skill/power/snap, the more discs eventually turn over for me to the point when they become so flippy, that they lose a lot of their functionality.
I'm probably missing the point, but if this is the case I'd recommend rethinking your disc choices. Because discs get more understable as they beat, the best idea is to pick discs that are a bit too overstable when new and fly really well when beat. In other words, they get better as they beat in. If you choose discs that fly well when new, they'll beat in to be too understable, so they'll get worse as they beat in.

If everything was swapped around, as in discs got more overstable as they beat up, you'd have the exact same problem. Pepole would complain that as their discs that flew well when new beat up they got shorter and more overstable. If they were to choose discs that were understable when new, they'd beat in to be good.

I'm probably missing the point, but if this is the case I'd recommend rethinking your disc choices. Because discs get more understable as they beat, the best idea is to pick discs that are a bit too overstable when new and fly really well when beat. In other words, they get better as they beat in. If you choose discs that fly well when new, they'll beat in to be too understable, so they'll get worse as they beat in.

If everything was swapped around, as in discs got more overstable as they beat up, you'd have the exact same problem. Pepole would complain that as their discs that flew well when new beat up they got shorter and more overstable. If they were to choose discs that were understable when new, they'd beat in to be good.

^2nd

I just had the longest drive of my life about three weekends ago. It was with a three year old 169 DX Wraith. It was on hole 13 at Flip City. I was about 30 feet from the basket. The drive must have been close to 400. But the thing is, there wasn't any wind because when there is, the old Wraith turns into an instant roller. I love my old Wraith, but I can't always use it because it turns so hard.

I was just thinking about my disc and what they do is all. I think I actually do have good disc choices. I do prefer the premium plastics for this reason as well since for the most part they beat in in a predictable and timely fashion. Some of the lower end stuff beats in and then becomes too understable.

Latest posts