• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs I don’t bag

ray1970

* Ace Member *
So, I'm not talking about discs that I struggle to throw or discs that didn't work out for my game.

I'm talking about discs that I love to throw but due to space in the bag or overlap with other molds just don't get bagged.

Here's a short list of discs that are sadly not in my bag.

Vulture

Stag

Warship

Wraith

Entropy

Crave

Recluse

What are some discs that you guys love that just didn't have a spot in your bag?

Disc I Don't Bag (do bag)
A2 (Razor Claw 3)
Getaway (PD)
Wraith (CD3)
Eagle (Instinct)
D2 (Cloudbreaker)
Trespass (Enigma)
Berg (Rainmaker)
Stego (Tilt)

Honestly, discs come and go. There is such incredible overlap, now that there are thousands of molds. I end up throwing, what I end up getting as a choice, at the year's tournaments. I play in Discraft country. For years, nearly every tournament was giving out a choice of Discraft plastic. Usually Discraft was pushing a new mold, that they had just come out with, and it was the disc of the summer. I bag a Crank, Heat, Thrasher because they were the disc of a summer and I ended up with 6 of them that year. I mean, a fine disc with years of back ups. Unless you are a fanboy, does it make a difference if you throw an Innova Destroyer, a Discraft version, a MVP version....shrug?

The caveat right now is weight. I am moving some drivers into my bag because they are lightweight. I don't care who makes them, I don't really care what slot they are filling, at this point. I am buying and bagging any I can find.

Archer>Arrow.

*edit......seedlings pretty much made the same points. Should have read it closer.

There are so many fantastic discs out there that I could never bag all of the ones I really like at the same time;

ITB- I like it in that slot
Swan2- PA5, Penny
A2- Harp, Zone, Golem
Middy- Gila, Bard, Rocx3, Recactor
Justice-Deflector, Pyro, MX-1(yes I have one!)
Teebird- Dos X, Crave, Tyrant
FX-3- Stag, Virus, Eagle L(I know those are all different but I use them similarly)
Flare- Firebird, Chupacabra, Motion, Fireball, Raptor, velociRaptor, XXX, Ahti
Mad Cat- PD, Komodo
Warbird- Destroyer, D2, Zeus, Enigma, Giant
Warhorse- Xcal, Enforcer, Ape
Adder- Spirit

And probably way more, plus slots I don't bag regularly. Like the Uplink is nice AF but I don't bag an understable mid usually.

When I see someone throwing discs I like but don't bag I tell myself I need to get around to making that second favorites bag.

It's been years and I still have not actually done it.

Some that come to mind:

Wasp/Buzzz, MVP finally made some good mids.

OLF, I still have a couple unthrown P-PDs and plenty with some wear on them.

FD2v3, I like Eagles better.

Bagged worn PFN star Xcals for a while but Wraiths are more consistent for my arm speed.

Envy got replaced by the Ohm.

This list is pretty big for me these days. The big ones that come to mind
Comet
Kaxe
Zone
Verdict
Cyclone
FD
Teebird
Lots
Anax
Rask
Wizard
Ion
Chief OS

Funny how that's sort of turning into its own bag.

Last edited:
Discs I love / disc I actually throw:

Teebird3 / Eagle and Thundy
Fx2 / Firebird
Roadrunner / Mantra
A2 and Entropy / Buzzz
Wraith / thunderbird or GStar destroyer
Emac Truth / Pathfinder
FD / F5

I think I've gone through stages of bagging all the above discs on the left, but ultimately, come tournament time, end up dropping out for the stuff on the right.

I have gone back to bagging discs because I like them and not caring as much about overlap and such. I am likely to throw it well if it's something I like throwing.

I used to bag (cart) close to 30 discs. My shot selection was, "ooh, which one do I want to throw? Eagle? FD? Instinct? Explorer? Teebird? Essence?" After a while I surrendered to some simplification. I do enjoy throwing 'the wrong' disc on an alternate line too, so that confused the shot selection even more.

My MF Destroyer got removed due to the fact I already have a beat in Star Destroyer and I really don't feel like paying $40+ for another one considering they are out of print.

My Diamond MF Element finds it's way in and out of my bag due to there being a Mako3 in there already that I never throw.

My Star FL got removed due to having to make room for another disc I actually needed. I guess my reasoning was I didn't need another 9 speed disc that I only use for forehand throws.

Wait, you all have your bags full of discs that you throw most rounds AND you have these lists of discs you like, but don't have room in your bags? :eek:

Sounds like this could also be in the "You know your addicted to Disc Golf when ..." thread. :D

Wait, you all have your bags full of discs that you throw most rounds AND you have these lists of discs you like, but don't have room in your bags? :eek:

Sounds like this could also be in the "You know your addicted to Disc Golf when ..." thread. :D

You don't even know bud…. Of the molds listed in my sig, I have at least 5 of each, most closer to 10. . .
Other discs like the wizard or pred that I bagged for a decade+ I have 30 or more… I am not sure I can say I genuinely like a disc if I haven't owned at least 10 of ''em to develop that fondness

I know you're joking but let's all be honest with each other. If you don't have a pile of discs (or boxes, plastic tubs full, etc) laying around the house can you really call yourself a disc golfer?

Discs I love / disc I actually throw:

Warlocks and Wizards / P2 & AviarX3
Proxy and Envy / P2 & AviarX3
Roc3 / Buzzz
Comet / Buzzz
Drone / Zone or Firebird
Eagle L and TL / Eagle X and Teebird
PD / Thunderbird
PD2 / Destroyers & Xcals

I've been throwing a lot more forehands the past couple years, which has allowed me to take out a lot of the mids and putters I used to throw.

Not many for me, I have been good about being methodical in the discs I try.

Mako3 - Love this disc so much, but I don't have enough tunnel shots that would require it.
Valkyrie - Lovely flight, but no room
Dart - Similar to the Mako3
MD4 - Too painful to bag at this point, OOP and I only have a few left.
Pig - Would find room if it was produced in premium plastics, such a great mold

For me, the big two would be Leopards and Valkyries. Most of my rounds for the past decade have been played with my boys and we share a bag. With less disc space to work with, I've pared things down to putters/mids/wraiths plus a few utility discs. As the boys start carrying their own equipment, I'll have to decide what to add back in.

I do have some previous relationships, that I fondly look back upon. The were pretty acrimonious breakups and I still visit them, in Trotter boxes from time to time. I really loved some of them deeply. It was not the disc's fault, we just grew apart. Needing to go our separate ways. In some ways I simply outgrew the relationship. Here are some of those.

Discraft Phantom +
Discraft X-XL
Disccraft X-XS
Discraft Z Flash
Innova Champion Viking
Discraft Z Crush
Discraft D-Comet
Innova Champion Valkyrie
Innova Champion Mamba
Latitude 64 Opto Core
Latitude 64 Gold Line River
Westside Opto Air Giant
Discraft X-Xpress
Innova KC Pro Roc

These all held my heart for a long time, before deciding to go our separate ways. My game would not be what it is without these important discs as part of the arc of my life.

Latest posts