• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs that earn a lot of compliments

i love throwing aviars on holes that people throw nukes on. " ohh man its gonna flex and skip OB! ooooooooo............., what the hell was that? "

I get the most compliements out of my Orcs. I throw them and people say, "What was that? It was moving so fast." Then I casually say, "Oh it was my Orc." To which they respond, " Huh, I thought it was a beginner's slow disc? Guess I was wrong." I just nod my head and walk the extra 50 feet to make my birdie putt.

I get the most compliements out of my Orcs. I throw them and people say, "What was that? It was moving so fast." Then I casually say, "Oh it was my Orc." To which they respond, " Huh, I thought it was a beginner's slow disc? Guess I was wrong." I just nod my head and walk the extra 50 feet to make my birdie putt.

Never heard an orc called a slow beginners disc.

i get compliments throwing my valk on a long anny. its weird looking when it holds and just sails.

i love throwing aviars on holes that people throw nukes on. " ohh man its gonna flex and skip OB! ooooooooo............., what the hell was that? "

I love doing that myself. I will never forget a tournament, playing in the Intermediate division and we came upon a temp hole, that was 98ft. I pulled out my putter, and everyone else pulled out a Midrange. I looked at them like they were nuts , and they gave me the same look. They all over shot the basket, and I nicked the chains, and almost aced it. One guy overshot so far, he ended up with a 4 for the hole.

Also, there is a course I like to play that has a 189ft tunnel shot and you watch the locals, (mainly college kids) throwing drivers, and then I park it, or near ace it, and they all ask, "Wow , what disc was that?" When I say it was my putter, I get this look ----------->
icon_eek.gif

I tell all the new players I meet, " Do not be afraid to throw you putter." Most players, not matter how little you have been playing, should be able to throw their putter at least 100ft or more.

Last edited:
I get that, too. My "what was that" discs are almost always Wizards or Rocs. It's usually on a 250'-300' hole where everyone expects a low shot that fades super hard but they see a higher shot that lands mostly flat.

I had it happen at a local doubles tournament when I threw a Roc on a 280' hole that sloped down left of the basket (meaning fading and skipping to the left is bad). Most threw Wraiths and Surges (the fastest discs out at the time) way off to the right but I threw a slight hyzer just to the right. One of the other guys in the group whispered to his partner, not knowing what I threw or that I could hear, that it was going to end up way left. (He wasn't being a jerk, it was a really friendly round and we were all out of contention for winning anything). After he saw that we had a drop in I could almost see his mind being blown in real time.

Te Moko -- beast of a thing but slow as molasses down a ski slope. Floats and floats forever and holds beautiful anhyzer lines when needed. Ultimate precision disc for people with some Ultimate experience.

i get a lot of comments on my mako shots. it's another disc that flies slow and smooth on a line.

echo SDS Destroyer, just lost my baby, the nicest piece of plastic ive had in a long while, first disc i was pushin 500+ got ran over by a truck haulin a horse no joke, made it buttter...gotta get me another one quick.

I've probably had this happen to my discs once or twice. Is there an equestrian ring at the park where you play?

ESP Comet gets a lot of "What was that?" for the straight flight.
My Vibram Summit gets that becasue is lokks strange with the Vibram emblem up top.

sss wizard

i've gotten comments on it because i've had it go 200' straight as a laser and drop to the ground with zero fade and turn... i just wish i could do that every time /shrug

Champ Banshee, for those get-out-of-trouble shots where you need the disc to turn right past a tree and then take a sharp left (or vice-versa).

Roc, for how it gliiiiiiiiides around a turn, or holds a straight line until fading at just the right moment.

I get some WTH moments when I get my Optimizer to negotiate some seemingly impossible 90 degree turns.

Epic. Always a good conversation starter. In need of a new one though. On Saturday I threw it on a blind hole and couldn't find it. Where I thought it landed I found a brand spankin' new JLS....guess someone liked my epic better. :(

Opto Core. Absolutely no turn or fade when released flat. Close second are Rivers or Halos...

Latest posts