• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs that you wanted to make the cut that didn't

the groove lol less stable boss with more glide,i wanted that badly

Groove is the one that sticks out the most in my mind...

Core...its just weird. Buzzz out speeds it and Roc out glides it. Terrible in wind too. Heck I'd pick a Stingray or Cobra over the core if my Rocs and Buzzzs went missing one day.

Most of my list would fall in the "too overstable" catagory

XXX - way too overstable for me. Even the "domey" ones were too much
Star Destroyer, 167 - overstable, since I was expecting a glidy distance driver, but a beat in Star or a new Pro is really nice
Pig

!

The star destroyer, the QK & QKII, and the apache all when they first came out.

Destroyer, really? One of Innova's most popluar discs. Avery, Feldberg carry them. I saw Nikko buy 10 from a guy before the USDGC. I heard him say "If only I could get my uncle to mold a disc that flies like a destroyer." 3-4 times.
While it might not have worked for you, it is probably one of Innova's most successful discs. For me at least, my straightest disc over 10 speed.

I was disappointed with the Katana and Groove but the Teebird + YUCK! Nothing like a slightly more HHS teebird. Threw it twice and then buried it with my drum banging monkey toy.

Star T-Rex (Champ Wraith blows it away)
Firebird - I can't do a thing with it.
Assassin - Okay disc but didn't light my world on fire - out of the bag
Nuke - granted the Nuke in question was a slightly beat one that I found but my Katanas seem to blow it's doors.
Quarter K - junk
Teebird - never seemed to work for me.
Banger - not bad but not good either

What DID work well for me? Wraiths, Katanas, Destroyers (all in Pro plastic), Buzzz, Shark, Aviar P&A

Last edited:
Core...its just weird. Buzzz out speeds it and Roc out glides it. Terrible in wind too. Heck I'd pick a Stingray or Cobra over the core if my Rocs and Buzzzs went missing one day.

Really? I always felt like they were faster than the Buzzz and had more glide than a Roc but were a hair less stable than either.

Although, I recently picked my Stingray over my Cores :\

Every latitude disc I've tried, and at top prices, I think I'm done tryin. Not that they were bad, just not better then their competition.

Vibram. Spent a couple hundo on em and really wanted them to work. Hit some huge putts with em but couldn't count on em when it mattered.

Ion- while i'm still considering a med, the soft did nothing for me. I guess I shoulda known- I hate soft putters, and prem putters, so why would I like a soft prem putter?

Buzzz- with all the rave it gets (and that fact that for almost every event they're the disc of choice) it has never worked for me. Can I throw it properly-yes, do I feel confident in it- no:(

garu, I'll second the d avenger. Granted I haven't spent too much time with em, but I was surprised how stable they were off the shelf (for being d). I figured I'd have to beat em.....Maybe not worth the effort?

For me the Kite and the Banger GT. I thought they would both be money and didn't really work out for me.

ahhhh yes, the kite! what a POS that was for my game. Same with the demon...

I'm going through my "experimental" phase right now and the only thing I've learned is to not try new discs lol. I need to learn the ones I have....

the ESP ones were wayyyyy to slick.

Ever try one in soft X?

Bangers are one of those discs I love but they just dont make the bag.

Hell; Im carrying 7 molds; that leaves a lot of room for lovings discs that just dont quite make the bag.

I bought a Champ Boss around 174g after I threw someone's seasoned Champ Boss expecting at least a little turn to extend the flight... but nope, no turn and maxed out around 375'. So being a little impatient I bought an ESP Boss around 167g expecting it to flip easier than the Champ... Not even close, it's the most overstable piece of plastic I've ever thrown (and I own 3 Preds)! No good for max distance as I need a disc that flexes!

Now I use first run Nukes and domey Katanas for max distance (both which have put me past the 450' marker).

By popular demand, my Groove was probably the biggest flop. Also, my Voodoo Medium was a complete ball buster and was in and out of my bag in a day! primarily because Gateway plastics run firm and their "Medium" could be used for industrial demolition... "Again, something that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!!!!" It's about as hard as solid STEEL!

For me it was the Gateway putters. I kept hearing how good they are so I tried them. The best I can say about them is that the dog loves them. Awful putters.