• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disk Golf Course with Cart Rentals?

Joseph_2880

I live in North Texas and I am looking for a course with Golf Cart Rentals. I know about the course in Talco Texas, but that is the only course I know about with Cart Rentals. Does anyone know of any other courses in North Texas with Golf Cart Rentals?

Sunnybrook in MI has them

The near unanimity of disc golf courses aren't built with any sense luxuries in mind since the primary selling point of disc golf to the masses is the appeal to one's frugality. Complexes like Selah are by and large the exception.

IMHO, it only makes sense if:
1) a facility already has carts
2) the course is really long, with long walks between holes.

Both true at Sunnybrook as they run a golf course there as well. First time I registered for a tourney there, I thought "Who the hell needs golf carts? :rolleyes:" ...didn't take many holes before I was glad we had 'em.

Last edited:
I guess I'm going to have to buy a golf cart with a trailer and take to it the local courses to be able to use one. Thanks for the comments thou.

I guess I'm going to have to buy a golf cart with a trailer and take to it the local courses to be able to use one.
At many courses, this is a great way to get yourself a citation from the police for running a motorized vehicle off road. At a number of others where you might be able to possibly ride it legally, the elevated terrain, dense foliage and water crossings will make it next to useless.

Villas Crossing in PA has them because of the ball course on site. It is a gimmick, but they are fun as hell to drive, safely, through the woods.

Nothing that I know of other than Selah. Eagle golf ranch in Fort Worth had them, it was a fly 18 on a crummy ball golf course. Alas it is long gone and I believe a retirement community was built there.

River Chase in Union, SC has carts. Same situation as most of the other examples. This is a disc golf layout built on a golf course. I haven't played so I can't attest to the quality of this course.

River Chase in Union, SC has carts. Same situation as most of the other examples. This is a disc golf layout built on a golf course. I haven't played so I can't attest to the quality of this course.

Very long and very open.

Yes, being a (ball) golf course they have carts, and with the length of the disc golf course you wouldn't want to walk it.

It would have been interesting if they'd made a really great course, carts-only, taking advantage of the carts to free themselves from putting the tee close to the previous basket. If you've got a cart, you don't care how long a transition is, and the designer could find the very best features on the property.

Beyond that, for people who don't throw any further than I do, it's hardly worth climbing in and out of the cart just to get to my disc.

Then again, it meant we brought the most comfortable benches in disc golf with us for every hole.

We once played Stoney Hill on ATVs, and climbing on-and-off 70 times rather negated the energy savings from not walking.

Thanks for the input.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I guess I will be going to Selah then for my next Disc Golf Trip. I have learned they only allow 2 people per a cart so I guess I will be needing two carts now at $40 a day. :doh:

Latest posts