• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Dismania PD2

OcDiscGolf

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Discmania's Description (Hot off the Press):

Let's face it - the PD2 Chaos is not meant for everyone. Picture Innova's Xcaliber with a little more speed and stability and you'll know what this disc is like. It is abnormally fast for the stability it offers. Targeted for the strong-armed touring pro, this disc is very reliable thrown backhand, forehand and overhead in pretty much all conditions. Available in P-line. Do you think have what it takes to throw this disc?

Thoughts? Sounds WAY too overstable to me. Might be a good FH disc until it breaks in. Sounds way fast.

That sounds like a disaster to me.

Just what i was thinking.

331mvqw.jpg

Sounds like a disc I would want in S or C line plastic. I love the grip and glide of the P line discs, but they lose their stability pretty quickly, I like my overstable discs in a more durable plastic.

"Targeted for the strong-armed touring pro"...This should discourage a lot of people from buying this, but it won't.

I'm really looking forward to this disc for headwinds and long hyzers. I think it's going to get good straight D before the fade (If you can throw over 400').

"Targeted for the strong-armed touring pro"...This should discourage a lot of people from buying this, but it won't.

I'm really looking forward to this disc for headwinds and long hyzers. I think it's going to get good straight D before the fade (If you can throw over 400').

I'm looking forward to trying it out. It could be pretty awesome if it really won't flip into a headwind...but I'd want a C or S line for that. If P-line breaks into something similar to a Pro Destroyer they could have one hell of a disc on their hands.

agreed. I shall buy several when it comes out. Right now the force is good in the headwind. So I'm happy for now for the headwind spot. But a faster,longer,glidey ,better xcal? Yed pleas!

Its funny though... with the designations they give discs like Control Driver (CD), Turning Driver (TD), Putter (P1&2), Primary Driver (PD), and Distance Driver (DD1&2) wouldn't they designate an overstable discs with its duty as well... something like Overstable Driver, Hyzer Driver (HD), or Fading Driver (FD)... It would make more sense and fit in line with their current set up...

or they could call it NH for Noob Hyzer.

Its funny though... with the designations they give discs like Control Driver (CD), Turning Driver (TD), Putter (P1&2), POWER Driver (PD), and Distance Driver (DD1&2) wouldn't they designate an overstable discs with its duty as well... something like Overstable Driver, Hyzer Driver (HD), or Fading Driver (FD)... It would make more sense and fit in line with their current set up...

or they could call it NH for Noob Hyzer.
Fixed.

I'll be getting a couple, though if it's more overstable than an Xcal I think there are few people who have the power to throw it (I'm not one).

Exactly what bottom mold is this? IIRC, the PD1 uses a FB, plus the Anhyzer top. I LOVE my S-PD1, but donno if there's a slot for a PD2. I'm already down to six drivers, two of which overlap... never the less, I'm a dischead and will likely end up with one.

It's not so much about having the power to throw it on a normal day as it is about those 30 MPH headwind days. I love my Forces but if you sling a Force into a 30 MPH headwind with what is normally 400' of power, things get a little shaky.

weird that it's only going to be in the P plastic.

Also any clue when C-PD's are going into reg production??

the pd2 is the xcal bottom + anhyzer top

garrett. It's only in p linefirst. Cline andsline of the disc will ome out soon after. Mark @ dgv said they may do some c line for the asia open.the c line in general will be in production early next yr. Around january I believe. I dnt think all discs will be available in line but most will

I still chuckle every time I see "Innova Wahoo". What were they smoking when they named a disc "wahoo"