• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dissing Disc Golf on TV

^^ Nice, I have a had a couple run ins with the big strong dumb guys. They dont say much after I double their drives, and then show them a couple of little things to help them throw.

I've told this story before, but it's appropriate to repeat...

Once when I was taking some practice tosses on a field hole at Burke Lake, a group of kids and an older guy came up. I sat down and watched them tee off. One by one, the kids, who were all athletic looking, would throw up a nose high hyzer, and end up about 125 feet from the tee. Then the old guy steps up, does a perfect x-step, and launches a sweet backhand that lands next to the basket. I chuckled and gave the old guy a high five, for showing those young punks how it's done.

Actually, the kids were all super nice, and were very respectful, and took the time to help me find my discs that I had tossed before they go to the hole. I love seeing things like this, when a lover of the sport brings his kids and their friends and shows them them greatness of this sport.

I look at it like most musician's look at Weird Al - When he does a parody of one of their songs, they wear it like a badge of honor. Just having him do the parody shows that they "made it". The same could be said here.

Anything that has any amount of popularity has been made fun of on some show. How many shows poked fun at the iPad when it was announced (especially for the name, which I still chuckle at)? The fact that it was made fun of at all shows that it's gaining popularity.

My wife saw the comment I made earlier and she said she didn't appreciate me saying it. Why would she take offense to the statement if its true?

She's only offended that you have an opinion of any kind.

Any press is good press ;)

Damn right.

Ball golf may be respectable now, but it started off with drunk Scots hitting balls in gopher holes.

As Playstaion 3 becomes more popular, the sport will grow. I have already met a few people that have gotten into the sport from playing the new Disc Golf game on the Playstation.

It won't work on everyone. I now people that love the Tennis game on the Wii but will never set foot on a Tennis court in real life.

Most girls don't like it because they're too weak to throw, they'd rather sit.at a coffee shop and collect dust, they are sick of their male counterparts talk about it, and most girls don't have hobbies, they have their make up bags to have.fun with.. I hate my life.

Oh my god! I know I'm late to the party, but I'd like to nominate this for DGCR post of the year!
Also, this should be put on a t-shirt and given to this kid after the 1st time he gets laid:)

Oh my god! I know I'm late to the party, but I'd like to nominate this for DGCR post of the year!
Also, this should be put on a t-shirt and given to this kid after the 1st time he gets laid:)

I agree, that was dumb statement of the year. Most women do have hobbies of one sort or another. Heck, who do you think keeps Hobby Lobby and Michael's , open? You don't see men rushing to those stores for anything.

Plus, who do you think keeps the million dollar a year "Scrapbooking" industry going? A bunch of men? Please!

It was also on the show "NUMB3RS" a few years ago. You just gotta love their driving form:

If people are making fun of our game on TV, can we just be excited that a whole bunch of newbies are going to google it and think it might be fun?

As long as they aren't standing on the teebox in front of me

:)

There was a 2 minute clip today on one of North Augusta, SC's local stations. It was in a POSITIVE light though. Here is the clip. A buddy of mine got a brief interview on the clip (His name is Chip) and I think he might even be a member here.

Latest posts