• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Distance

crushboi

Ok so, I want to be able to play pro in a few years. I'm 16 and my goal is to be able to tour at around 18. What is the ideal distance to make the cut on the dgpt? I currently throw 450' golf lines and 500' distance shots. I think that a good goal is 550' golf lines and 600' distance. What are yalls thoughts?

450-500 is plenty to cash.

You gotta make the clutch shots and be able to putt.

And by putt, that means 99% in circle 1. and at least 60-70% in circle 2.

Ok so, I want to be able to play pro in a few years. I'm 16 and my goal is to be able to tour at around 18. What is the ideal distance to make the cut on the dgpt? I currently throw 450' golf lines and 500' distance shots. I think that a good goal is 550' golf lines and 600' distance. What are yalls thoughts?
Posts like this confuse me lol.

If you are being truthful and saying you throw 450' golf LINES, meaning you can manipulate this distance and accurately and consistently throw the line you want...you are already elite level for this skill. The fact that you are only asking about raw distance makes me believe this is your claim, is that incorrect?

I feel like I'm watching a different sport when people can say things like this and pretend its not an extremely elite claim. What pro tour courses demand more than this in order to place very well? If your claim of how far you can throw all of the major lines is true, then just work on putting lol.

If you truly have that type of power right now, and you want to compete at the highest level, do these things instead of chasing distance:

1) Start playing MPO immediately; play as many tournaments as you can, but have stretches of time where you take "offseasons" to give yourself time to work on technique
2) Drastically reduce the amount of disc golf content you consume; figure out what specific problem you are trying to fix, then find someone to help you. Don't scroll Youtube for disc golf content. The guys you want to compete with are already out there competing, not watching clickbait and arguing on the internet
3) Develop your own style of playing the game; reflect on your rounds, figure out what the holes in your game are; you have to be your own best teacher

This would make him literally the best putter in the game by a lot:

Statistical probability.

Just because you have a 9 in 10 chance doesn't mean you don't miss 5 times in a row.

But the reason guys like Paul dominated so hard is because they don't miss putts.

The people who struggle on the course, if they got their putting average in circle on to 8/10 alone, they would be shooting negative score. if they had 50% in circle 2, it would really go further.

But the elite players are not missing putts.

Posts like this confuse me lol.

If you are being truthful and saying you throw 450' golf LINES, meaning you can manipulate this distance and accurately and consistently throw the line you want...you are already elite level for this skill. The fact that you are only asking about raw distance makes me believe this is your claim, is that incorrect?

I feel like I'm watching a different sport when people can say things like this and pretend its not an extremely elite claim. What pro tour courses demand more than this in order to place very well? If your claim of how far you can throw all of the major lines is true, then just work on putting lol.

I mean. Maybe?
Duno.

I know Harper Thompson personally, he's been doing 450 golf lines since he was 14/15 years old.
Insane athlete.

I generally dont apply the "internet distance rule in here" but.

Most peoples online 450 is really 350.

If you're on reddit or facebook, its distance given -200.

Statistical probability.

Just because you have a 9 in 10 chance doesn't mean you don't miss 5 times in a row.

But the reason guys like Paul dominated so hard is because they don't miss putts.

The people who struggle on the course, if they got their putting average in circle on to 8/10 alone, they would be shooting negative score. if they had 50% in circle 2, it would really go further.

But the elite players are not missing putts.
I do not understand this take lol. Stats do not represent some phantom universal statistical outcomes. They represent the results of actual putts, and McBeth absolutely misses putts. All of the elite players, for sure, miss putts.

I do not understand this take lol. Stats do not represent some phantom universal statistical outcomes. They represent the results of actual putts, and McBeth absolutely misses putts. All of the elite players, for sure, miss putts.
Statistics and odds. I explained it fairly basic.

Odd's on things don't mean success, or unsuccess. if you play any dice games it makes way more sense. But, lets take a d10 roll, something fairly simple for something like D&D.

A roll of 2-10 is a made putt, a roll of 1 is a miss.
You can roll 1, miss, 5 times in a row even though the odds are 9/10 or 90% success.

I mean. Maybe?
Duno.

I know Harper Thompson personally, he's been doing 450 golf lines since he was 14/15 years old.
Insane athlete.

I generally dont apply the "internet distance rule in here" but.

Most peoples online 450 is really 350.

If you're on reddit or facebook, its distance given -200. Good thing I'm not on Reddit😂 I know that the hades was definitely a golf line, it was a low hyzer flip. And the cloudbreaker was a golf line then the dd1 was a more distance type shot. The video is the hades. And if your wondering why I'm throwing a hades at my level I live at 6000 feet elevation.:)
Image-1.jpegIMG_5879.jpegIMG_5878.png

Attachments

• RPReplay_Final1702339354.mov
    45.5 MB
Statistics and odds. I explained it fairly basic.

Odd's on things don't mean success, or unsuccess. if you play any dice games it makes way more sense. But, lets take a d10 roll, something fairly simple for something like D&D.

A roll of 2-10 is a made putt, a roll of 1 is a miss.
You can roll 1, miss, 5 times in a row even though the odds are 9/10 or 90% success.
I understand this, but putting is not rolling the dice. These stats are not the results of resolving dice rolls lol.

I mean, the guy did just say C1 and not C1X.... so those numbers would go way up if you include the drop ins.
60-70% C2 would be a way bigger gap to close. Anyone who pushed that high for an entire tour would be stomping the field.

60-70% C2 would be a way bigger gap to close. Anyone who pushed that high for an entire tour would be stomping the field.
Truuuue. Though one thing is for sure - if you're hitting like that from C2 its hard to imagine you're less than 95+% in C1X because that C2 number takes a ton of precision.

Truuuue. Though one thing is for sure - if you're hitting like that from C2 its hard to imagine you're less than 95+% in C1X because that C2 number takes a ton of precision.
Oh for sure. My only point is that no one is actually at 60-70% C2 lol. That is an insanely higher percentage than anyone is even close to overall.

Latest posts