• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DIY DG Backpack $35

RomePK

I know there is a previous thread about this, but i wanted to start a new one because mine is actually a slightly different bag.
I went to my local target and found this gem for $35 bucks and thusfar it works great. As you can see from the photo, i took out the disc divider from my innova bag, and it fits perfectly in the bottom of the main compartment of this backpack, so there is no need for a pvc frame. You could put a cutting board or something stiff in the bottom below the discs divider if you wanted extra stability or to raise the discs a bit inside the bag, but personally i don't think its necessary. I was also thinking about sewing in an extra pocket on the back of the main compartment above the discs to hold a few more or just to have an easy access to my go-to discs. The very front pocket is perfect for a single putter, and the one behind it will easily fit 3-4 more discs if you want (i only have 2 in there). I stuck a towel on the bottom to raise the discs up and make them easily accessible from that middle pocket. These are also pencil pockets and other storage places in the front pockets that you can utilize however you need. There is also a secret laptop compartment on the very backside of the main compartment which could also store things, and is even big enough for a folded jacket or hoodie if you need. Both sides of the bag have water bottle holders, they are mesh and elastic, so be careful not to slice em on anything because they might tear given abuse. The bonus with the mesh though, is any spillage will just go right through and not sit in your bag. I'm stoked on this find and if you aren't looking to spend $150-$250 on a name brand disc golf backpack bag, this is definitely a good option at $35. Also if you don't have the innova dividers, you could build a pvc frame or just buy the dividers alone (not sure what they cost by themselves). Fully loaded up with the dividers in, my bag sits very flat and sturdy, and won't fall over. Big thanks to Trizzor for the idea and the saved $$$! Hope this is helpful.

Plasti-dip

I'm also going to plasti-dip the bottom either tonight or tomorrow to increase the longevity and life of the bag. I will post pics after

cant read it in the one giant pic. what is the brand and model of the bag?
also, seems like in the main compartment the two sides taper in a lil bit. am i seeing that right or is that just camera angle?

Not a problem

cant read it in the one giant pic. what is the brand and model of the bag?
also, seems like in the main compartment the two sides taper in a lil bit. am i seeing that right or is that just camera angle?

Well i think its both camera angle and the bag/dividers. The dividers were already slightly bent in at the ends because of the innova bag. I had backpack straps on it and the weight of the bag mixed with the straps caused the little tapering in at the ends of the dividers. It in no way inhibits the accessibility of the discs though. The backpack itself and fabric is flexible enough, that it isn't an issue, and pulling the discs in and out of it is a breeze. There is no worry of warping or anything to that effect. The picture probably makes it look more dramatic, but i assure you, there is no issue. If you had new dividers in there, or just ones that weren't slightly bent like mine, it would appear flush and straight. Like i said though, it doesn't inhibit the access at all, and if anything, it makes my discs fit better i feel.

slightly different

Can't see the pics at work, but is it the same Target bag as in this thread?

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95534

It is a different bag than the target thread. Its a similar model, but slightly bigger, different color options, different location of the laptop pocket, and a few other subtle changes. The one in the target thread has less pockets and space, but still a solid choice. This bag is basically an upgraded version, but it does cost $10 more as i stated previously

Latest posts