• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

do you enjoy playing with yourself

ShaZaun

Eagle Member
this morning I was really wanting to go throw some plastic.... my DG buddy whom I also work with had other things to do and was tired after a long hard night at work so he couldn't go...... I called my wife's cousin husband because he said he wanted to start playing and he had to go to work early so he couldn't play.... called another friend and he had a wine hangover and didn't feel up to playing..... I even called someone who's disc I've found to let him know that I would be at the park if he finally wanted to pick up his disc and throw around but no answer.... so I said screw it I throw alone..... I really enjoyed myself and was able to try different disc and styles of throwing without the worry of slowing down other people ( it was early so no one else was on the course )..... it started to mist when I got to hole 4 which was nice and cooling.... anyway I really enjoyed myself and it was very relaxing..... do you enjoy playing with yourself or do you have to have someone else there to have fun.....

I prefer throwing with a friend but wont let it stop me from playing if everyone has stuff to do. Sometimes playing alone helps me with the mental side of the game because you can focus on things better.

I only really have one friend near me who plays so yea I've played alone. I find it to be enjoyable because you can, for instance, play multiple drives or something of that nature. Also, I tend to be a little competitive so I get angry if I know my friend is beating me because we're the same skill level. The crappy part is if you're playing a course that's tucked in the woods cause if it's empty you feel very alone. It's always nice to have someone to chat with. Also, I fear my first ACE will happen when I'm alone. And If nobody hears a tree fall in the woods does it really fall?

I was so happy i was with somebody on my first ace. i like to chat with ppl and disc golf is something my father in-law and i can do so thats really nice. i get kinda bored when i have to play alone.. although i do play my best when there is no one with me and there is no pressure.

I have no qualms about playing by myself; the only problem is that you don't have a spotter or someone to help you look for an errant disc.

I mostly play alone. I rather enjoy myself and I will talk to various people in the park along the way. Sometimes there are people there I can join up with and that is a lot of fun, but then again I enjoy getting to know people. I think I would do more just practice if I had someone to practice with.

I often have to play by myself because I generally play in the early afternoon. It's more fun to play with someone but I'll play alone if I have to.

this morning I was really wanting to go throw some plastic.... my DG buddy whom I also work with had other things to do and was tired after a long hard night at work so he couldn't go...... I called my wife's cousin husband because he said he wanted to start playing and he had to go to work early so he couldn't play.... called another friend and he had a wine hangover and didn't feel up to playing..... I even called someone who's disc I've found to let him know that I would be at the park if he finally wanted to pick up his disc and throw around but no answer.... so I said screw it I throw alone..... I really enjoyed myself and was able to try different disc and styles of throwing without the worry of slowing down other people ( it was early so no one else was on the course )..... it started to mist when I got to hole 4 which was nice and cooling.... anyway I really enjoyed myself and it was very relaxing..... do you enjoy playing with yourself or do you have to have someone else there to have fun.....

I can definately go both ways. Playing by yourself can be quite liberating b/c you don't feel rushed....you can really work on your mind (once you've played for long enough you'll realize that's all you really throw with).... you escape the rat race.....we aren't rats (yet we live like them).... last time I checked I thought we called ourselves human BEings. Once you learn to BE (fully present) on the course anything can happen. I get to experience this (on the physical plane) everytime I'm on the course whether I'm by myself or with other people.

I can enjoy myself playing with anyone as long as they aren't in a rush. Usually, even if people are in a rush..... and you take your time to focus.... they will want to stop and watch how beautiful your throw is..... if not, I will ask them to kindly play through.

I do think it is always more fun of you can share your round with other kind souls.

I usually prefer to play by myself. It's more peaceful and relaxing that way. I get enough of dealing with other people at work. The exception to this is if I'm playing somewhere I haven't played before.

I am seriously disappointed, it took 4 responses for someone to make a sexual overtone comment, and only 3 people out of the 11 who responded made one. Solomon, I was expecting it from you for sure, but all these other guys missed the boat. Or if they had an overtone in your response they were afraid to make it too bold!

I have virtually only played with myself so far. I haven't met that many people to play with nad my friends havent really picked it up yet. I am also not very good so if I end up catching groups of of dgers I usually just play through rather than join them.

None of my friends on my side of town play, so I rarely come with a partner. Usually I play solo, but every now and then I'll pick up somebody at the park and play with them. And contrary to what others say, I find it more relaxing to have somebody playing with me.

I always enjoy a quiet day that I can go out on the course and throw alone. I'll usually throw a few extra discs, try some things, experiment with different strategies and work on my form.
Playing along with a few friends is great, but throwing by myself is enjoyable as well.

I usually go alone but never throw alone. too boring. cant focus. too rushed by myself. I need an audience & I enjoy watching a good throw almost as much.
I'll throw with almost anyone just to not throw alone.
I've met a bunch of cool people

I love playing with myself....... but i've found it doesn't hold my interest as long as it would if someone else was there!

Most of the time that I go play, I'm heading to the course by myself. I usually always end up playing with someone that I know at the course. I usually just send out a text when I'm heading somewhere and most often someone will reply to meet up.
I really do enjoy the rounds that I play alone though. I usually end up throwing 2 or 3 drives on every hole if it is not too crowded and get a lot of practice in that way. I think that playing with others is better overall for my game though because of that little bit of added pressure and slower pace that you're going to have in tournament play.
Sometimes a nice round by myself after work is the perfect stress relief.

Latest posts