• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you have a nemesis course?

I pretty much dominate any course I encounter.

North Valley DGC generally has its way with my scorecard

Funny, when I saw the thread I was going to post the same course. A few years back I used to own this course including being able to clear the water on 15 by about 100'. The last few times I have played it I just sucked it up including throwing my drivers right into the middle of the drink. I another thread I posted my most embarrasing moment which happened on this course also.

This is exactly what I thought of when I read the title of this post. I am pretty much guaranteed a 58 no matter what I do. I will play lights out and screw up 1 or 2 random holes real bad (early in the round or late or whenever), or I will play ho-hum doing the slow-burn screw ups just enough to not do better than a 58. It is bizarre!

BTW, hole 16 is one of the best holes I have ever played anywhere. It is a dogleg hole - 235-255' flat & straight tunnel shot to a landing zone then right angle turn and about 200' up hill with a narrowing fairway. It is a par 4, but birdies feel great and 5's and 6's happen. Great test of DG skilz! Fly-by video

Hole 16 is a great hole, it's just never been good to me(or better yet, I've never been good at it). I either fly the landing zone, come up short or get in the woods. Hole 12 is my favorite there and I love the look down through the woods if you land your drive right. http://charlottedgc.com/images/hornets/hornets_12.mpg

Brown Deer Park, Milwaukee, WI.

Extremely wooded course, narrow fairways, many risk/return shots. Best I've ever shot there was +9. :(

I have only played Johnny Roberts 5 or 6 times, but I really thought I could have done better on it. I birdied 12 of the 18 holes at least 3 times during those 5 or 6 rounds, and i birdied 4 of the other 6 holes at least twice. It just seemed like I couldn't get more than 5 or 6 under. I even started a round at 6 under through 6 holes. And then on 7, I double bogeyed on a hole that I birdied 3 other times. then on 14, I triple bogeyed. All I had to do was birdied 4 other holes to hit 10 under (That was my goal after the first time I played it), but i just couldn't eliminate mistakes. Oh well. I'm pretty confident that if I play that course again that I'll hit the goal, but It was just annoying.

That happens to me at johnny roberts as well. I feel like half the time I do well on the front 9 then explode on the back 9. or on the flipside I will start with a few water penalties and then make up for it with bird's on the back 9. I just can't seem to get a solid 18 at that course. I do keep trying.
Globeville is my nemesis (stupid tone poles) and my home course.

energy rotary disc golf course in gillette WY. this course not only kills my score card, it also make me play worse in general. the worst part is is that the next closet course it at least an hours drive. there will be times where i play a different course and get my skills back. the after about 2or3 rounds at this course, i will start playing like $hit again. it really pisses me off. sometimes i wana quit my "dream job" just to move back to where im from and play my favs again. i really really hate this course, and the only reason i play it is to keep me in the right frame of mind for when i leave. i get no enjoyment what so ever from playing this course. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COURSE. IT WILL PISS U OFF.
sry to all the gillette locals, but ur truely missing out. i have played some great courses in wyoming tho. it just sucks that they are all an hr+ away.

Cass Benton in Northville, MI. I have never shot under +10. Even on a good day. +27 was my worst score, playing with 3s on every hole.

Bryant Lake Park in the Twin Cities. It's difficult, but not super bad but for some reason I could never play a round there and do well or even walk away without losing at least one disc.

Oak Meadows in Cypress, Texas.

There is actually a curse that has been placed on hole #10 I believe...

Basically, it's the kind of course I'm happy to break +10. It's just long and hard...(That's what she said.)

Gotta go with you on that one, Oak Meadows is vicious. I will also agree with Midnightbiker that River Grove is a pain in my behind as well. Finally for whatever reason I always have the worst luck at Searight Park in Austin, have never shot well there.

I'd kill to break 70 at Little Lehigh Parkway in Allentown, PA. If I could only make a few more putts and throw 300 feet... Best I have is a 72.

Devens DGC in Ayer, MA - All woods hilly trees everywhere always hitting branches - some holes are just impossible. Its the ultimate "you might make a 6 if you blow your drive" course

Bryant Lake Park in the Twin Cities. It's difficult, but not super bad but for some reason I could never play a round there and do well or even walk away without losing at least one disc.
I completely agree. Byrant Lake is my nemesis. It's a beautiful, well-groomed, well-designed course, but it kills me. I want to play there, but at the same time I hate it. I lose a disc every time I'm there. That dumb swamp is a mindf*** to me. I landed in there when I was inexperienced, and now I know better, but still land in there anyway.

Johnson St. in High Point. For some reason I can never have a good round there. Not to mention Hole 18 always makes me feel like a complete noob.

Latest posts