• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you help your buddy look for his discs when he throws two for every shot?

Guilty! I sometimes throw a 2nd disc. My gf helps me look if I've forgotten where it went. But generally its for trouble shots or approaches where I try a different disc or line. So I usually don't lose or forget where they went. She does it too. And I help her find hers if she forgets. If the course is crowded, usually where we play its not, we don't throw second shots. Our 2nd shots are never used for score, just to see if there was something we could have done better.

I think there's a difference between a great player throwing an excellent shot and then throwing an even better one as to a crappy player luck-huckin a shot then grabbing another.
I really don't like when people do it but if I'm the crappier player then I figure I'm holding them up so were even.
I just don't buy the practice idea. Especially when I see people tossin a different mold then their first pick. Play it twice or play solo.

I'll help my buddy look but if I'm playing with a stranger and he starts huking multiples with little regard he gets the patented BrotherDave "You suck at life," silent glare.

No.

I have found that the best way to get someone to stop throwing multiple drives on every hole is to throw twice as many shots as them. Just wait for them to pick up their bag, when they do, start walking to the pad with another disc. Stare at your drive, long after it has hit the ground. If they start walking, tell them to hold on, so you can throw another one. Then, be sure to ask them to help you pick up your discs.

I've never played with someone who throws multiple shots then forgets where they went, that would be really frustrating. If I'm playing by myself or with just my gf I'll throw extra shots, but I always know where they went and only ask for help finding them if they end up in deep schule or something like that. If I'm on a crowded course or have other people along, I'll just throw one shot and save the practice for another round.

Wow just a second shot? When i'm by myself I'll throw like 5-6 drives on the same hole. This is because I will carry 5-6 drivers that overlap. I love doing it. Then again, I don't play on particularly busy courses so I have this luxury. I never expect people to help me find my shot unless its a tournament and there's the 3 minute timer.

i throw 2 sometimes if i have a new disc i want to try out, ill always let the people with me know before i throw it that i do not intend for it to count

when i play with my dad and bro they throw two each and the wait for them to look for their discs is ridiculous. i dont help and i laugh when they lose a disc. call me rude but if you're not gonna play right dont play at all (or at least dont expect me to help you look)

As long as there is nobody waiting on us my friends and I will throw 2-4 shots from the tee on pretty much every hole, but of course we play from where our first one landed. It's not the best idea when you're in an altered state of mind because not only are you more likely to forget where they went, but you're also much more likely to shank them in hard-to-find places. But yeah, if one of us can't find a disc the others will help, and then chastise said thrower for shanking it so hard.

Last edited:
Every shot would get old very quick and I would say something or would play with other people

nope.

you wanna dick around? do it on your own time/at your own risk.

I don't understand who wouldn't want to throw multiple shots. If nobody's waiting behind you and no one in your group is on a schedule, then why wouldn't you want to throw 2 or 3 shots?

I don't understand who wouldn't want to throw multiple shots. If nobody's waiting behind you and no one in your group is on a schedule, then why wouldn't you want to throw 2 or 3 shots?

Want to? Yes, of course. But I want to practice good etiquette more.

Latest posts