• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you hold a second putter while putting?

Do you hold a second disc while putting?

• Total voters

@iDiscGolf

* Ace Member *
Simple question. Do you hold a second putter while putting? (not talking about practice putting)

yes. it started because I would use multiple putters while practicing . I noticed I was putting pretty good during practice but it didn't seem to translate to in game. So I was like why not? lets see if it works. And sure enough putting with disc in both hands seemed to improve my accuracy.

Yes. It forces me to keep my off hand off the putting putter, simplifying my routine. Clearly a towel would serve the same purpose. However, during casual rounds, I can immediately take a second putt.

Note: when I practice at home I generally use five putters, so I'm holding 4, then 3, etc. in my off hand.

No, never have, don't know anyone who does it, and I think it should not be allowed in sanctioned play - you should only be able to have the disc you are throwing in your hands and nothing else.

No, because I put my putters on a stack on my stool when I'm practicing. I'm not holding 2 discs when I'm doing most of my practicing, so I'm not going to do it when I'm playing.

Yup.
Carried over from practice putting. Figured I do it while I practice, so might as well play like I practice.

Yes. I always use 2 putters when warming up before a round so the first putt always has another putter in my off hand. Feels good to to have the same consistent feel once the first putt really counts.

I like the feel of a second disc in my off hand. Lately, I've been trying to putt without.... either way my putting is horrible!

I do not.

Assuming casual / lax rules on non game throws.. thing that bugs me a little that the thrower may or may not take that second extra putt. Occasionally causes pauses and annoyance. Have a couple buddies that I never know when and if second might go flying.

No, never have, don't know anyone who does it, and I think it should not be allowed in sanctioned play - you should only be able to have the disc you are throwing in your hands and nothing else.

I'm sorry but this seems odd to me.

Yes. It forces me to keep my off hand off the putting putter, simplifying my routine. Clearly a towel would serve the same purpose. However, during casual rounds, I can immediately take a second putt.

Note: when I practice at home I generally use five putters, so I'm holding 4, then 3, etc. in my off hand.

This was my train of thought too. The second putt during practice rounds also is something I do.

I use different plastic blends. Depending on weather and really just what's catching the chains that day. So sometimes I'm switching putter blends right before the putt.

I said Yes because like lots of others, it is a habit that has carried over from practicing.
and like @iDG said, sometimes I don't know which blend Aviar I'll use until it leaves my hand.