• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you play for money?

Do you put your money where your mouth is?

• No...never!

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • Only if i think i can beat my opponent....

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • If the guy is pushing my buttons.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Im hardcore. bring on any bet you want!

Votes: 40 44.4%

• Total voters
I didn't like your choices so I didn't vote, but I do bet on the course. I play weekly doubles with the club and my friends and I bet pretty pften because we are pretty evenly matched. He either play $1 skins or choose a disc before the round and bet that. It's damn fun.

I love playing for money, its great because it gets you into the game. This really helps when it comes tournament time. A lot of pros will be more open to play with a less talented player if they put up some money, heck consider it a lesson on how to play DG. Watch there form, etc.

playing for money is part of the fun of course if you dont have a chance at getting anything back it probably isnt wise. if i break even i am happy, really it just adds excitement to the game

About 6 of us played $5 a man at a nice 9 hole last sunday for the first round of 9. I tied and took $15. Next round of 9 we played skins and all of the money got pushed to the 9th hole and the winner took $36 on one hole after dragging along the entire round. I missed a putt just inside the circle on 7 to take cash:doh::wall::thmbdown:

About 6 of us played $5 a man at a nice 9 hole last sunday for the first round of 9. I tied and took $15. Next round of 9 we played skins and all of the money got pushed to the 9th hole and the winner took $36 on one hole after dragging along the entire round. I missed a putt just inside the circle on 7 to take cash:doh::wall::thmbdown:

sux!

if you pushed through 9, would you have gone to sudden death?
(* this is a rule i am keen to ask when we start playing, and not @ 9)

Skins with change is fun. For an 18-hole round, each player brings a roll of quarters. Each hole is 50 cents, with the exception of 2 holes (either 9 and 18, or the 2 toughest on the course) playing for a dollar each. The winner of the skin has to carry all the winnings in the pants pocket of his/her plant foot.

Edit: Usually one person is the "banker," and gets to carry everyone's quarters in his/her bag, taking the skins when they carry over and placing them in a separate bag.

I have a small group of about 6-8 friends who get together on an annual trip to Austin, TX in March. We do a tour of all the best courses in the area, choosing 4 courses or so of the best at which to have a "King of Texas" tournament. We play one round at each of those courses as stroke play, the score of which is counted toward the KofT final. Each puts $5 in for that and the winner takes it at the end. Lots of side money goes on along the way. We sprinkle in some other money games for the non-tournament rounds that we play, from Skins to Bingo Bango to Rotational Doubles. Just about any game out there. Basically, every round we play has some kind of money on it.

Latest posts