• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

do you play for money?

basketcase15

Double Eagle Member
I'm always tempted to ask people when I run into someone at the course, I never get asked so I never ask, what are your experiences with playing for cash?

Nope. Not usualy. I play for excersize, to be outdoors in the woods, and because I love the sport!

We play for at least a dollar a round unless there's only 2 of us. Other times we play skins.

ALWAYS. We play dollar dots and five overall mostly and of course 51.

only if i play minis, i dont throw with a routine group of people nor do i have money:(

Yep, twice a week on our club rounds. We are usually only playing for $10-$15, nothing serious, except for an occasional large ace pool. It's just enough to add a little something to the competitive aspect

me and my buddies usually put a dollar on the front 9 and back 9 separately or sometimes just go ahead and say 2 dollars on the whole round...not trying to break the bank but it makes us play a lot more competitively

I used to play $5 random doubles in Oregon(once a weeK), but have moved. They still do it and am looking into getting into something like that around Toledo area as well. I love me some doubles, just the idea of ALMOST getting to run it everytime with no worries(cause partner is parked) is amazing.
Other than that I had a few buddies who would always try and get everyon to throw down a few dollars a round, but he was a sandbagging mofo

theres alot of ways to play for money. we play for money often. make your strokes count all the time. pitching it to random people can be tricky. i find pitching a double match for $5-10 is much easier than singles. a lil less pressure that way on both parties.

- Skins - $x for each
- Strokes - $x per stroke
- 51 - $1 for metal off the tee and $5 for ace from everyone in group

well and of course leagues on whatever night

Depends who I play with, but I often play for discs, lunch, dollar a hole skins...
It seemed to be helping my mental game until this last tournament I played in and shot a +1 and +6 on a course I can shoot under par fairly easily on any other day...

lately I've been playing what we call "teebird showdowns" with a couple of my friends where if the first person throws a tb it becomes a tb only ctp.(of course only with my fellow tb lovers)

i play to take your money i play to take your money i play to take your money i play to take your...