• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you play solo rounds, and if so how does it change your round?

I play solo rounds alot as I tend to get to the course when no one else is there. How does it effect my game? I play much faster by myself. I'll finish 18 holes in 50ish minutes. I'm not one to throw multiple shots unless I throw one so bad I have to rethrow just to get that image/feeling out of my head

I play atleast 4 solo rounds a week. I will do my drives/approaches as normal then sometimes simulate a forehand or overhand shot from a tough lie that I choose just to keep those shots fresh. I like to just grab my bag and iPod and forget about everything for a while. I find that some of my friends like to goof off and talk a lot while playing and in turn makes those rounds feel unproductive.

i actually hate playing alone. i like to b e social, not endless chit chat, but having people around makes me happy

I play a lot of solo rounds because of my work schedule. I work 3:00-11:30 pm, so my free time to play is during the late morning and early afternoon, when the courses here are basically deserted. Even when my schedule allowed for more social rounds I've always enjoyed solo rounds. I do all kinds of different things on solo rounds, multiple shots, multiple putts, both, regular competitive style play, whatever I feel like. Solo rounds are really peaceful, they really help recharge my mental and spiritual batteries. I feel more calm and centered in the rest of my day when I can play a nice quite solo round in the morning.

I only play maybe a round per week, but have solo field practice every day. Crappy work schedule.

Most of the time, I'd rather play alone. It's my time to unwind my mind, relax and enjoy the day. It's a form of moving meditation and I'd rather meditate alone than share that space with others. That said, if somebody asks to play with me I rarely say no.

I mostly play solo rounds. My friends are losers.

When I play solo, I play much faster. I keep score, but when I have a bad shot, I will throw more discs until I do what I wanted to do (unless I run out of discs for that purpose). But then I still play from the terrible shot.

That way I get a real round logged that I can use to see my overall score progression on local courses, but I also work on difficult shots that foiled me.

Also, I play very fast solo, which is great because I can easily get 2 rounds done in 3 hours, but it's bad when I go to tournaments, because all the sitting around takes me out of my normal groove. I don't see any way to fix that since I'm certainly not going to stand around for 5 minutes on every teepad to simulate a slow ass tourney round.

Slow Solo

Unlike a lot of yall, I play much slower during my solo rounds than I do when playing with friends.I play solo about three times a week and the theme always seems to be putting practice.
Also like some I like to play to beat the course but, I shoot much worse solo than when in competition (even if its just with my friends). I tend to get way too critical of myself when playing solo.:doh:
I may never understand it but I need my goofy and usually kinda drunk friends to shoot my best.:hfive:

I play alone about 80% of the time. I play slower in a more relaxed pace. I usually don't concentrate on the golf and take stupid shots that require me to spend a lot of time looking for my disc. My mind wanders and I daydream about weird crap. Oh, and I sing. A lot. Loudly and off key.

I love playing alone. :|

I play solo all the time. I use that time to really practice the course, I'll experiment with different shots, take photos, just escape for a bit.

Latest posts