• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you retire your disc after an ACE?

Do you retire your disc after you hit an ACE with it?

• Yes, I retire my discs after I hit an ACE with them.

Votes: 47 22.4%
  • No way! If the disc is that good, I keep throwing it!

Votes: 163 77.6%

• Total voters
I have my first and only ace disc framed and on the wall, but if/when I hit another one I will continue to use that disc and not put it on the wall.

I voted to continue to use the disc since other than my first, thats my general opinion.

I voted no because I still throw all my ace discs except the first one. My first ace was with a Champ 11x KC Teebird. When Climo was in town he was kind enough to sign it for me so now it's on the wall.

put your name and # on it and keep throwing it, i think even katana would give you a call.

it might mean something to you but when you die its going in the trash , wouldnt you rather it be found 1000 years from now with a thousand other discs in an ancient water hole rather then next to some used needles and diapers.

I retired both of mine, but only after I got the second one and was finally in a position to buy replacements. I used my first ace disc for about 5 years after I hit it, but I had been grooming a replacement for most of that time. It finally got to a point where I trusted the replacement more the ace so she went on the garage wall. The second disc just seemed cursed after I hit an ace with it. It just didn't fly the same after that. I know it's all mental, but I bought a new Monarch and it flew great, so the 2nd went on the wall too.

put your name and # on it and keep throwing it, i think even katana would give you a call.

it might mean something to you but when you die its going in the trash , wouldnt you rather it be found 1000 years from now with a thousand other discs in an ancient water hole rather then next to some used needles and diapers.

I have it written in my will that when I die my discs will be thrown into the hole on 8.

Well, I'm still waiting on my first Ace, but I plan on writing when, where and my sig on the bottom of the disc. Then it will become a "No risk" disc. No throwing where it could get lost.

I won't sign the basket! Promise!

My first (and only) ace disc is now retired. At first I kept on using it because I didn't have anything to replace it with. Then I got it stuck way up a tree and spent 30 min throwing water bottles and rocks at it until it fell. I continued to use it until I nearly put it in a river. Now it is enjoying retirement in my closet.

I recently had returned to me the disc from my 1st PDGA tournament ace (Shenandoah Shag 2004, my 7th PDGA event & 2nd victory). It had been in my bag since the ace, then disappeared at Hawk Hollow about 2 years ago after a slightly errant thumber rolled into oblivion. It's back in the rotation, next-in-line after my current Champ Banshee wears out or is lost.

I retired both of mine. Didn't even have to think about it. If I go on to hit twenty more, will I be be so quick to retire my 17th ace disc? Probably not, unless I got a huge ace pot for it.

Only correct answer is do what you want. Its your disc.

Still playing with both of mine, funny thing is they were with star plastic and I barely carry any star plastic because I have found I just cannot handle the drivers in star plastic. One was with a roadrunner and one with a spider, slightly more control discs not just run and gun drivers.
I did label them though with the location and hole info, so maybe someone will return it if I lose it because I had an ace with it.

Nope, I just record the information on the back of the disc. Then I use that information for bragging purposes. Except for my last ACE, an epic 65 ft. ( sixty-five feet ) bomb on # 7 at Fewell Park in South Carolina. I mostly get ragged on for even bringing it up! Did I mention that it was a 65 ft. hole.........downhill too..........................jing!

The local 14 year olds I talked to there all had 4-8 career aces playing there.

My Leopard isn't in my bag anymore, but I didn't retire it because I hit an ace with it.

I said no but I would if I had doubles of discs or was sponsered lol

I made a clock out of mine.
picture.php

Great Idea!

Ive only had one ace and it was my T-Bird 174g First Flight Edition...still have and use it today....Great disc.

Latest posts