• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you retire your disc after an ACE?

Do you retire your disc after you hit an ACE with it?

• Yes, I retire my discs after I hit an ACE with them.

Votes: 47 22.4%
  • No way! If the disc is that good, I keep throwing it!

Votes: 163 77.6%

• Total voters
I've lost 2 of my 5 ace discs. The first ace disc I just don't throw anymore as it's been replaced(Cro) with the wasp. Legacy and SurgeSS still in the bag.

The first ace I got was with a sidewinder that I later threw in the lake at winthrop on hole 5.

My second ace was with a Valk that is still in my bag. Although I don't retire them I kinda wish I would have signed them like I have seen others do with a date and what hole.

from the start i just had one to throw with so i didn´t hang it on the wall when i got a ace with it.Now i hang all of my driver and midranges (and also the putters i dont putt with)on the wall when i get an ace with them i have four discs on the wall right now 2 drivers and my first and second putter.
If I would lose a disc I have aced with I would never forgive myself for it.
ON my wall i have (Star Destroyer 171g 1 ACE),(ESP Surge 174g 1 ACE),(ZERO -line Spike 170g 4 ACES) AND my first putter/disc( Pro -D Magnet 174g broken in half Bought mars 2008--Died june 2009).

I go through quite a few of the same model discs before I find one that I like. Chances are if I hit an ace it is with one of these drivers, my favorites. There is no way I'm going to quit using one of my favorite drivers.

I've never retired a disc just because I made an ace. I've made 3 aces. I've lost my all-time favorite driver a few weeks ago and I'm saddened. Not because I can no longer look at it, but because I can no longer use it to make great shots. I made my last ace with that disc. I've already found a replacement though.

I have one disc that I have had two aces with that I don't throw that much anymore. I could pull it out of the bag, but then I would just have to find something to replace it with.

I believe i broke the disc I got my first ace with(XD).............. originally retired it but couldn't get the replacement one to fly just like that beat in one. Ended up back in the bag........ Pretty sure I hit a tree at the SAME course that i got the ace on.

at first I didn't but after almost losing my first Ace disc I have decided to hang them on the wall afterwards....which is only 2 so it looks kinda wimpy. I seem to get metal a lot but not too many aces, still happy though because they are generally going way long unitl they hit metal

I wish I could vote. :( No aces.

When the day comes for my first ace I will retire that disc and proudly display it at home. And when the day comes I get that second ace after I mark the disc, it will go back into the bag.

I guess I couldn't really vote after all. I'd have to say both.

Yeah, I havent voted since I dont have a real ace yet. I am still thinking about whether the fiance would let me hang it on the wall or not. Maybe I can in my office but then the maintenance guy that comes in at night would probably think it would be fun to start tossing it around the offices or something.

Then, at the rate I am going I cant see me having a lot ever, but what would I do if all of the sudden, I just start getting aces a lot more often. Would I keep all of them?

I am thinking just that first ace disc, I will clean it up, remove any ink then rewrite on the front of it my first ace, date, hole and course. Then any ace after that I will write on the back of the disc that got it but that will stay in my bag, and the first ace disc, I will write on the back the other aces with date, hole, course and disc.

If I ever fill that up (lol) I guess I would start the next disc I ace with to be the next one the same as the first.

Actually, might see if someone could do a dye of the first ace on the front of the disc that I first ace, assuming its not Star or DX, then the consecutive discs, maybe get "Ace Run" dyed on the front.

I believe I might be retired before I get my first ACE and since I am almost 40 w/no savings or JOB that aint happening anytime soon!

It worked once it should work again! I've never retired a disc just because it hit an ace, I've pulled them from the bag later after they got beat up and started behaving differently from how they were when I got the ace.

I have two aces on the same hole with the same disc, Once in League ($45) and second time in Lexington Open '08 ($170) - Glad I didn't retire it. KC Banshee and both were thumbers.

If I EVER get a freaking ACE I will keep using that disc. If it got one I would think I have a better chance to get another with that disc than any other. It would be a major confidence booster. Kinda like having that 300 HP engine. You may never need it, but when you are passing someone it sure would be nice.

No. Have two aces with 2 different Wasps. I continued to use both, and will in the future, even though I am using Rocs right now. What better way to build confidence than to stick in the basket from 250ft! If anything, get rid of all the other discs, and only use an ace disc!

I have one Ace with an Impact and continued using the disc.
I don't use it anymore, but that's because the disc got too squirrely on me.

Latest posts