• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you throw an autographed disc?

FTFM

I used to throw a Champ Cobra signed by like 7 (KC and the like included) people and didn't think twice about it. That Buzzz is closer to my heart though (not saying I'd never throw it).

They still make Buzzzes.

I had one of the early early runs of color shift Titanium Buzzzes that Nate Doss signed. There were only like 50 that he put his sig on. I wanted a color shift Ti Buzzz and I wanted Ti before anyone else I knew had it so I bought it for $30. Threw it twice and the signature wore off. I wasn't mad. I bought it to throw and I still bag it.

I autograph all my discs. And, yep, I then immediately start throwing them.;)

I had Philo sign one of my hurricanes after i played a round with him. I hoped it would transfer some talent onto my disc......

The concept of autographs baffles me.

Why are they desirable in the first place? Why on earth would anyone pay for one? I understand the charity thing, and that's cool, but just in general I think the idea of placing some sort of premium on an item because it's autographed is silly.

Discs are meant to be thrown. :)

For me they're personal mementos. My first was Barsby, when I just stumbled upon him running a clinic at a local course. Almost a random disc (in fact, one of my go-to understable discs), as a memento. I did keep throwing it, and am still a little sad to have lost it in the poison ivy at http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5211.

Going to Pro World's at Lemon Lake, I thought to grab a few "pre-signed" production discs, in case there was a chance to get a live signature. I got the Champ to sign a KC Pro Roc, that I was only anyway using for approach practice at hame. I still use it for that purpose.

So, not collectables in the sense that I'd sell them. But, mementos. Maybe I should have had Barsby sign a putter, and retired it to practice putter status.

Throw it, but, sign it yourself first. That way if you loose it, somebody wont send it back to Nate.

The only name I care about on my discs is the one I put inside the rim next to my phone #. It's worked enough times that it's worth it.

^Do you write down a woman's name and dot the "I" with a heart so guys call you back? That's what I do;)

I autograph all my discs. And, yep, I then immediately start throwing them.;)

Yup. Me too.

I only have one disc signed by someone else and I do not throw it. I keep it because I was able to caddy for the person who signed it so there are the memories of that more than just having a signed disc.

Disc golf is part of who I've become. I hang momentos on my walls. I have an Avery Jenkins on the wall. I've got hundreds of throwers in crates too. I debated what to do with my 1st Ace disc. Several witnesses autographed it. Some local legends among them. In the end I threw it for 2 more aces and more autographs. Now its languishing in my son's bag.

I say hang on to it and proudly display it.
Or
maybe get some mojo from Val and throw the hell out of it without guilt.

I have a tourney Star SL signed by Barry Schultz....totally threw it, but I have since Switched it out for a mamba....not just to preserve it, but mainly because I liked the mamba.....but yeah, ill throw whatever, usually.

discs are meant to be thrown

Would anyone throw one of the Steady Ed Ash Discs? I imagine they are worth some money, but Ed also wanted to live on as a disc flying.

I stopped autographing my discs 'cause I keep losing them. Like Trump, I expect to be paid for my signature. :p

Would anyone throw one of the Steady Ed Ash Discs? I imagine they are worth some money, but Ed also wanted to live on as a disc flying.
Yep. Bought a golf set to throw and one to save. Some old guys get out to also throw my UltraStar with Ed's ashes every once in a while.

I throw a ti buzzz that Nate Doss signed for me, a brinster teebird that Steve Brinster signed, and a mcpro that McBeth signed. Pros are usually happy to sign an autograph if you catch them at the right time, and it adds little-to-no value to a disc. The best part is the exasperated looks on some players who can't believe you'd actually throw a signed disc, as if it really matters.

Latest posts