• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do You Want a Sponsor?

What Sponsorship Would You Want?

• Innova

Votes: 133 44.8%
  • Discraft

Votes: 84 28.3%
  • Gateway

Votes: 30 10.1%
  • Millenium

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • Lightning

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 38 12.8%

• Total voters
Discraft!!!!! They seem like a family. I imagine me as scrouge mcduck ( ducktales) swimming in a vault of discs:) Im suprised merrell, keen, or northface haven't bit yet. Hopefully with vibriam making moves they will get the hint. Maybe it would help if we actually admitted what we really spend ( time and money) on dg instead of saying how cheap it is ( I know I do when promoting it to people) and started attending events as spectators. If companies saw how loyal and dedicated we are I could imagine beverage, energy, and even auto ( I don't drink vitamin water due to them pulling out a couple years back. I use to drink Sam Adams but switched to bells after they heavily sponsored last years pro/am worlds)

Get me a sponsorship from the local boobie bar and I am all in... Otherwise discraft. Only just now getting into their plastic but I am falling harder and harder eveyrday. Almost like the day after I got my first feel of a boobie. Damn, I love boobies.

What I realized this past weekend is that even the best pros seem to have five ro more sponsors, even with their disc brand sponsorship. By the way, I would change my vote from Innova to Discraft for this poll now.

I say Discraft even though I largely throw Innova now. That way; hopefully I could try al of their discs without having to pay for them.

I chose other. Because I want MAD BANK if I'm talking sponsorship! I want Apple to sponsor me or some snazzy stuff. I want them to make a disc shaped laptop that is the size of a putter and is the Mac Disc and it has my signature stamped in the top or something.

Plus then I get to throw any discs I want to!

\/\/

I choose Discraft for the simple reason that I feel like they do more on a local level. Maybe it's because Innova is a left coast company and I'm the midwest with Discraft, but there is something I really like about them, despite having my bag split 50/50 between the 2 companies.

actually I have decided to change my vote to other. I want Nike just so that they will make some bad ass logo out of my initials like Tiger and Roger Federer. I have been trying forever to figure out something with CS, but they're too curvy and I'm no art major.

Discraft has everything you could possibly need and more. Although, being sponsored by a retailer would be cool because you'd have more options to pick and pull from different manufacturers.

I went with Millennium. I don't have a single one of their discs in my bag, but I like every one of their discs I've thrown... DGA is the same way.

The reason I don't buy/use discs from some of these manufacturers is that I don't have the time/money to switch to another set of plastic and learn how it flies. But I think Millennium (and DGA for that matter) would be easier to be sponsored by than Innova/Discraft. They have a straightforward line of discs that do everything you need them to, and I think it would simplify the game in a lot of ways to have only 10-20 choices instead of 100+ (counting different plastics as well as molds).

I don't think discgolf should be as complicated as we often make it (I love one-disc rounds and SuperClass). And Millennium and DGA seem to be simple, streamlined versions of the major manufacturers. Discmania would be the same way...

Disclaimer: my current bag is Innova drivers and Rocs, Discraft Buzz and Gateway Wizards.

I went with Millenium too. They simply have less disc selection but enough discs to do everything you need, so getting a new disc is a lot easier. I have a Millenium Polaris LS and its my favorite disc (better then all my other innovas) and I like evry other Millenium disc. I think its a very underrated brand

I'm liking discraft a little better these days. I was strickly innova for a long time. The buzzz and wasp got me switched over. My longest driver is actually a flash. Although I did just trade for a beaten in destroyer that I absolutely love. I would miss the wraith and destroyer but that is about it.

I almost only throw with Discraft but I would probably go with LATITUDE 64 because they have very GOOD discs that flies where they should.The Striker wich have 0.5 in stability feels overstable but flies straight and don´t turn over but it doesn´t fade so much either.A disc that is marked to 0 in stability should go straight and not turn over and thats exactly what Latitude 64 has done.

When I sometimes swap some disc in my bag then i swap amongst INNOVA,DISCRAFT,LATITUDE 64,GATEWAY,MILLENIUM and QUEST-AT.

I almost only throw with Discraft but I would probably go with LATITUDE 64 because they have very GOOD discs that flies where they should.The Striker wich have 0.5 in stability feels overstable but flies straight and don´t turn over but it doesn´t fade so much either.A disc that is marked to 0 in stability should go straight and not turn over and thats exactly what Latitude 64 has done.

When I sometimes swap some disc in my bag then i swap amongst INNOVA,DISCRAFT,LATITUDE 64,GATEWAY,MILLENIUM and QUEST-AT.

I would also choose Latitude 64 because i got my first 3 ACE´S whit their Zero line SPIKE the first year i had it.Now it hangs on the wall as a trophy for MY best ACE DISC.

I would actually prefer Gateway because they are the closest to where I am. I have seen several Gateway sponsored players and they all carry other brands. They all seem to have Gateway putters though :)

But honestly if any company wants to pay me to play disc golf, sign me up!

I throw mostly Discraft so I would have to take them as my first choice. If Innova was all "bro, you're in" I wouldn't hesitate. I know most of their discs and I like a lot of em but I only carry a Boss and a Pig.

Latest posts