• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Does anybody still throw a Beast?

Burrito

Birdie Member
I came to appreciate my 163 Beasts for huge downwind bombs at the end of last season. Then the snow came. So, I got out for my first field session of the year yesterday, and low and behold they were still bombing huge (for me).

What a pleasant surprise to see them riding the wind out beyond 375, espy early on like this. Man, I love this disc!

Anyone else chucking Beasts, or are they too old school?

I still throw a beast in and out of my bag. The beast was the first driver mold I had so it still holds a special place.

I am a big fan of the beast. I carry a 173 star and a 167 champ in my bag. Would not like to get on the course w/o them.

i just traded for one lasy night. went out to do some field work with a guy and we were throwing eachothers discs a little. the first time i threw it i loved it

this one's beat pretty good though, i'm betting they're much different oob

I know there are quite a few people in my area that throw them still, although I am not currently one of those people. I am pretty sure Barry Schultz is still bombing them since they are one of his signature discs.

I love the Beast. I have a Champion 172 that flies really straight and has great distance. Gotta have one in my bag.:thmbup:

I know there are quite a few people in my area that throw them still, although I am not currently one of those people. I am pretty sure Barry Schultz is still bombing them since they are one of his signature discs.

pretty sure he only throws the old mold beast. thats what a freind told me when he asked him at the Vibram Open a couple years ago.

yup, sure love my beat 170 champ beast.... Great for tailwinds, Turnovers, BH Distance Rollers, Hyzer flips and straight shots with minimal fade. I have recently picked up a couple heavier ones and am waiting to see how they break in.

no such thing as "too old school". use what works for you.

is the roc too old school? aviar? teebird?

a friend of mine has cobras and hammers in his bag.

Fastest thing in my bag is a TB and a TL.
Found a nearly new Champ Beast, no name or #, and I traded it for a nice cactus Cyclone.
No Beast for me.
I cannot seem to get a consistent flight, given my arm speed.
When I throw it just right, it'll go a mile. It's the OTHER times that keep it outta my bag.
But that's ME, not the Beast.

I love the beast. It was the first driver I bought, and still one of my most consistent. On the flip side, Ive lost 4 over the last 3 summers.

I always liked the star versions the best, for some reason champs just dont jive with me

i love the pearly old mold beast .....i have been throwing pro lines for 5 years now.....its my only driver

I have 2 that I really like, but that's out of about 6 (new mold).
Just understable enough to be great for a variety of shots - its pretty much my faster, longer leopard.