• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Does anyone else LOVE the Gateway tooling for gripping/finger springing putters?

I did the same on a PWP Wizard but it didn't work and was only used on my practice basket. I prefer a smooth and tacky surface over texture. Slicks vs Radials

Same. I do some woodworking, so I have a full range of sandpaper grits. Progressed down to 440+ the dirt and oils from my hand seem to have filled in the "grain". I'm planning on burnishisng with some heat later, not sure how the hemp plastic will take to it.

"After production" is the key word here. So yeah, they're legal.

You left out the rest of the statement which is important:

C. Other modifications to a disc after production make the disc illegal, including but not limited to:

Is his sanding of the disc after production - yes.
Is it excessive - I think the answer would be yes because the sanding doesn't fill any of the requirements in the first section; specifically;

Moderate sanding to address wear and tear or small molding imperfections;

So, yes. It would be illegal.

((BTW: there is a Rules section on the forum. You (or the OP) can search there to see if anyone has brought this up. If not you can post it. People from the PDGA Rules Committee answer questions there)).

Apologies, I read the post as if it were asking whether the raised tooling was legal and not the sanding. I agree, the sanded discs would be illegal.

Latest posts