• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does this shot count or not? I have $100 riding

That picture dosen't do here justice. Here is a much better picture. She is 20 years old. Of course she has a boyfriend that I don't like, but what can I say, she loves him. Anyway, this is a better pic of her:

Brittney.jpg

What boy could possibly make a good enough boyfriend for your daughter?

I was just kidding though, I think your daughter is pretty but Im happily married. I knew that several of my friends involved in the bet would be reading this thread (I emailed a link since I won) so I was trying to be funny. On the forums I post on regularly noone would dare post their daughter for fear of the photoshops to come.

Anyway thanks again for the answer guys, I will go back to lurking unless a course here in DFW comes up in discussion.

If its TOUCHING a link it is not being SUPPORTED by the link. It's not rocket science. The support is coming from the upper entrapment device, which doesn't count.

If by removing the chain you would cause ANY movement of the disc it was therefore supported by the chains............

Support and contact are two different things.

I agree.............moving the chain and nothing happens to the disc.....CONTACT......moving the chain and the disc shifts............SUPPORT no matter how small.

I see what you are getting at. The rule should clearly state "fully supported" and it doesn't.

It isn't the only hole in the rules!

The lack of professionalism in the way they are written is partially why I haven't taken a Official's Exam or the exam I need to take for NTs. That and the fact the online test is full of glitches.

I don't think it should. A disc that is in the bucket, but partially supported by other discs also in the bucket, should be good.

That problem should never arise though should it? I don't know if it's a rule or not, but every tourney I've played in... the disc is removed from the basket before the next person shoots, be it an ace or close putt.

That problem should never arise though should it? I don't know if it's a rule or not, but every tourney I've played in... the disc is removed from the basket before the next person shoots, be it an ace or close putt.

This doesn't always happen.........although I usually make it a point to take my disc out.

It is not a rule, and in MANY tournaments, I have never seen an ace removed from the basket before the next throw.

Also, there could be a stick or leaf in the bucket. A disc that is in the bucket, but partially supported by a leaf or stick also in the bucket, should be good.

Well, you could also remove the discs or stick and the disc in question would still be supported fully by the basket. The same may not be true for a disc supported on the top of the basket but touching a chain.

Well, you could also remove the discs or stick and the disc in question would still be supported fully by the basket. The same may not be true for a disc supported on the top of the basket but touching a chain.

What if moving the chain caused the disc to fall into the basket?

Maybe so; I wasn't arguing that point. I was merely blasting fist-sized holes in the poor wording you proposed to try to "clearly" fix everything. Writing clear, consistent rules that allow everything you want to allow & disallow everything you want to disallow ain't as easy as is seems, huh?

Laying on a disc or stick in the basket is by default still fully supported by the basket. I'm no stickler for rules and couldn't care less as I don't see myself ever taking my pastime so seriously that it would matter to me. Just trying to see everyone's viewpoint.

That picture dosen't do here justice. Here is a much better picture. She is 20 years old. Of course she has a boyfriend that I don't like, but what can I say, she loves him. Anyway, this is a better pic of her:

Brittney.jpg

She's right in my age range... In to disc golf... Cute... Too bad she lives in TX.:doh: and has a looser boyfriend.:wall:

She's right in my age range... In to disc golf... Cute... Too bad she lives in TX.:doh: and has a looser boyfriend.:wall:

I'm sure he could deal with a loser boyfriend in Texas better than a loser boyfriend in some other state where he cant get his hands around the guys neck when he screws up. :|

Latest posts