• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dogs don't belong on disc golf courses

I have a little pomeranian that is my golfing buddy. He stays in my shadow the entire round. Sometimes I forget about him and try calling him, only to find him under my disc bag by my heels. I spent the whole day changing the lay out at a local course and all three of the designers had there dogs with them. Why would I let my dog stay at home, when this is his favorite thing to do in the world.

I agree, people should leave their dogs at home, except for me, my dog goes with me every time I play disc golf.

And as a matter of fact no I would not take my dog to play ball golf, that is why I play disc golf instead.

I do think that people need to pick up after their dog. Dog doo in the fairway really sucks and half of the time it is not a discers dog but just someone else who brings their dog to the park. Most disc golfers pick up after their dog because they don't want their disc to hit a pile of dung.

Also if there are other discers in the area you should keep your dog on a leash. Unless your dog is the 1 in 50 dogs that is actually trained and will heel. If so then hats off to you for training your dog.

Exactly how i feel, if your dog leaves other people alone, and you pick up after it, bring it with you :)

In the words of apothecary "If you dont like it you can leave" The same justification for pot smokers on the course can be used for dogs, there are courses that do not allow dogs.

I do think that people need to pick up after their dog. Dog doo in the fairway really sucks and half of the time it is not a discers dog but just someone else who brings their dog to the park. Most disc golfers pick up after their dog because they don't want their disc to hit a pile of dung.

This is also true. On two different occasions I have seen non-disc golf playing people not cleaning up after their pet on the course. This is incredibly rude and disgusting. Both of them just completely ignored us and kept walking away when we tried to address them with the issue.

ill never forget when this db at huntington let his dog poo on the major fairway in between like 4 holes, all with people watching it poo...when we asked him to pick it up, he said his dog was just weird and fake poos all the time and the material that we all witnessed come out of said doggys bum was actually an optical illusion. :\

ill never forget when this db at huntington let his dog poo on the major fairway in between like 4 holes, all with people watching it poo...when we asked him to pick it up, he said his dog was just weird and fake poos all the time and the material that we all witnessed come out of said doggys bum was actually an optical illusion. :\

Oh man what a Douche. Is flinging poo at someone assault of it sort of belongs to them?

Or you could hire WillACarpenter to smear it on them :) tell him they are the poop smearers from Basil.

You know I'm sick and tired of people bringing their effing marmots to the course. You know the types. Nihilists.

dog_smoking_weed.jpg

You all need to really chill out!