• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dogs don't belong on disc golf courses

My dog is almost always leashed to my cart, and I carry and use poop bags. That said, if you don't want to throw a round with us, play on through.

^^^ Yup, this. And, for the record, tbird888's dog is better behaved that he is. :p

My buddy's caddy just passed away. His shedding coat, made for great wind readings.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 65
damn...

I bring my dog sometimes... I've gone leashed and unleashed... I like it when there are a bunch of cool dogs around especially when they are easy enough to be around and to still play disc golf...

What if he chilled in my bag the whole round?

picture.php

You bring your dog.

I'll bring my pepper spray, glock, and my lawyer's card.

Wow such hatred!! You suggesting you'll pepper spray and shot the dog just for being there!! :gross: :eek: Hope we never play together since you seem like such a fun guy to be around.

With that said, I'd object to a dog during a league or tournament. Cause you can't control who you're grouped with. But, if someone wants to have a dog during casual play with them in another group and they follow park rules, that doesn't bother me at all.

I've been much more annoyed at other people (smoking, drinking, loud music, foul language, general trashy behavior) than any dog I've encountered on a course. It's really about common decency whether it's dogs or people.

I have always felt that dogs and disc golf go together like it was meant to be. Throwing 18 holes with a seasoned DG dog is just one more layer of nirvana. Dogs are some of the most abused animals on earth... I know at least 10 dog owners and not one gives their dogs the exercise they deserve. It always does my heart good to see a dog at the park working the legs. I actually believe dogs have as much right to be at the park as humans... But then again I'm just a rec player out to get little exercise.

Wow such hatred!! You suggesting you'll pepper spray and shot the dog just for being there!! :gross: :eek: Hope we never play together since you seem like such a fun guy to be around.

With that said, I'd object to a dog during a league or tournament. Cause you can't control who you're grouped with. But, if someone wants to have a dog during casual play with them in another group and they follow park rules, that doesn't bother me at all.

I've been much more annoyed at other people (smoking, drinking, loud music, foul language, general trashy behavior) than any dog I've encountered on a course. It's really about common decency whether it's dogs or people.

Never said I would shoot anything. I just said I would have it. I've been nearly bitten way too many times to leave it to chance anymore.

I play with multiple people who bring their dogs, my brother and myself included. I also play with plenty of people who don't bring dogs obviously, none of whom has ever said anything negative about us bringing them. On the contrary, most wish they could bring their own dogs, or at least enjoy having the dog there just because dogs make everything better, and they make great disc caddys! And then there's the obvious plus of keeping people we don't like away from us, namely people who don't like dogs;)
Nice cattle dog! We play with my brother's dog that is a cattle dog, and no one on the course could say otherwise because she is the cornerstone of our disc golf team. She naturally started sniffing out our discs in the rough and we are spoiled by her disc finding abilities. She also catches discs quite expertly. She also does agility training. Pup is trained well and doesn't cause problems. I don't think anyone should disagree with us having our dog on the course (as long as she's allowed) because she will find your disc and be your friend.

It was pretty funny the other day when we played Hoover and we were walking past this guy on the course with his two daughters. Pup had her frisbee in her mouth and trotted over toward the guy and I thought she was going to say hi to the little girl and be all cute. Instead, the guy shooed her and repeated "go away" to our dog. Sir, she wouldn't be off the leash if she was going to hurt you. And yes, we put her on the leash when needed. Disc dog for life!

Latest posts