• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Don't leave prodigy discs in the heat to long.

It is true that certain colors are much harder to UV protect. 2 hrs means the UV protection wasnt mixed in. Sunlight attacks plastic in general. The only way to make plastic never fade is to add Carbon powder, which makes the plastic black.

You kidding? How so you not know who Justinw is???

Same way I don't know who Pwingles is either?

I just thought the post seemed like it addressed the issue with the OP and then went totally unnoticed by the masses as they bitched and moaned some more about it, so I pointed out the post again.

What's next, a spontaneously exploding disc?

"Sorry guys, a little C4 made it into the plastic"

^ First tree hit wipes out half the woods. Avery would jump all over these.

^Lulz

Or blow up a basket when your putter hits the chains

Last edited:
I am sure the players who bought the first batch of midranges will feel better knowing that others discs in the future will not fade out. How do they know UV degradation will not cause their discs to lose stability and leave the sweet pocket early due to lack of UV protection??

That first batch of pinkies made it out of the factory without UV protection in the dye. The others won't do that.

I'm assuming (I should say "know") they are not individually dying these after they are molded. They are most likely adding a pigmented colorant to the resin. There are two main ways to mold a product with a color. You can either buy the material precolored, or you can mix the colorant with the base resin before it is loaded into the hopper. Because of the variety of colors manufacturers run, I would guess they are mixing the color themselves. This brings me to the UV protection. To my knowledge, there isn't a standalone UV additive in pellet form that can simply be added to the resin mix. The UV protection characteristics are determined on the chemical level, and are properties found in the base resin from the supplier. Someone please point me in the direction of a UV additive in pellet form, if you know of one.

*EDIT* - I suppose the UV additive could be in the colorant. If that's the case, they need to spec. out a new colorant.

Last edited:
4A595847-B571-49DD-9624-02CD4F0BE00B-14287-0000059BE7D53663_zpsf0a5d7e4.jpg

22EDA840-D877-4345-A7F1-D003E0EA26C0-14287-0000059BF09C92A8_zps7b89b633.jpg

Same happened to me today.... field throwing for about an hour or more today.

It looks pretty cool though

4A595847-B571-49DD-9624-02CD4F0BE00B-14287-0000059BE7D53663_zpsf0a5d7e4.jpg

22EDA840-D877-4345-A7F1-D003E0EA26C0-14287-0000059BF09C92A8_zps7b89b633.jpg

Same happened to me today.... field throwing for about an hour or more today.

It looks pretty cool though

If I'm reading the markings correct, that is an M4? As far as I knew, only the M1 and M3 have been released. Care to share how you acquired it? I'm looking to purchase one for a semi-scientific experiment.