• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Doomsday Discs

uncle pennybags

Double Eagle Member
A relatively new brand with a definite theme.

I tried out their new putter and mid, the Landmine and Frag on a lark. Wow these things are chonky!

The Landmine is a chunky lid. Like ridiculously so! But it flies decently. I only have a Zephyr to compare to in the lid department, and it's nowhere close. The Zephyr just goes a lot longer. The people who have handled it think it's like a Polecat with thicker a thicker rim.

The Frag. WOW. Beefy! It feels like it's made from some of the same mold parts as the Landmine, but it has this crazy 45 degree rim. It's flight is not entirely unlike the Stego. But the Stego flies through the air much better. Thrown flat the Frag just wants to fade hard and hit the ground on edge. At that point it tries to roll. I'll have to experiment some more, but it may be capable of rolling. It also seems to fade on sooner than the Stego. I only have a few tosses with it as of yet, but if you always wanted a Stego but didn't like the Stego this may be the disc for you. (But how can you not like the Stego???)

Get these and amaze your friends with the silly chonky discs!

I think Infinite had some putter packs available from them.

I just got the famine in the infinite discs vip series. It's a metal flake champion like plastic. It looks really nice in the light. In hand it feels like a domier latitude bolt. The edge is sort of sharp, if I'm going to use it I will likely sand the edge like I do on others with flashing. Plastic is a nice firmness, not gummy but not board stiff.

This one is rated at 12 5 -3 1. So it likely flies like my beat up bolt.

Someone called the Frag a Stego like disc? Ordered lol.

Someone called the Frag a Stego like disc? Ordered lol.

From what I've seen passing the Frag around, the Stego glides better. Even our top distance locals couldn't get much out of it. The Frag seemed to forehand a bit better than backhand.

So, similar distance to the Stego, but a different flight path to get there.

Frag came in today. Feels nice, very gummy and wedge like, almost like a midrange Tilt shape. Super flat top and a straight wedge shape.

Kind of deep but not to the point that it feels bad. I think it's too close to the Stego to bag both, but some may like it more based on the feel.

Frag came in today. Feels nice, very gummy and wedge like, almost like a midrange Tilt shape. Super flat top and a straight wedge shape.

Kind of deep but not to the point that it feels bad. I think it's too close to the Stego to bag both, but some may like it more based on the feel.

Did you notice it wanting to get on it's side? That seems to be the biggest difference between the Stego and the Frag, at least as flight is concerned. I think it could easily do a FH roller.

Did you notice it wanting to get on it's side? That seems to be the biggest difference between the Stego and the Frag, at least as flight is concerned. I think it could easily do a FH roller.

Not a lot but I only had 4-5 throws with it. Definitely skips more than most Stegos and the speed made it a touch straighter for the most part.

just came to say i love the frag. its almost kinda rubbery cheap plastic and when it hits it pretty much sticks. Its not floppy at all and i throw it mainly upside down.

Obviously its like a tilt but i grabbed some on the last run but the premium plastic can get some ground play, the frag not so much.

great utility disc!! and its 10$

just came to say i love the frag. its almost kinda rubbery cheap plastic and when it hits it pretty much sticks. Its not floppy at all and i throw it mainly upside down.

Obviously its like a tilt but i grabbed some on the last run but the premium plastic can get some ground play, the frag not so much.

great utility disc!! and its 10$

Doomsday has got some cool discs, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Frag and Landmine end up being what people know them for.

Out of curiosity, what are people doing with a Stego and Frag?

I'm 100% capable of terrible throws without the help of a disc, but these are my guesses :

- I regularly tee into category 5 headwinds, and still want to hit the ground in 75 feet.
- I keep it in the bag to make other discs feel better about their flight characteristics.
- I bring it to the course and offer it to new players so they can practice their form.
- I daily drive a Mercedes CLR, and hold it out the window for extra downforce on corners.

But seriously - what lines are these used for? Is it something you arent getting with a Z Zone on a steep hyzer release?

Does anyone have more insight into what Doomsday plastic feels like? I saw a guy on YouTube comparing Meltdown to GStar, but what is Toxic Waste plastic comparable to? Or Fallout plastic?

Does anyone have more insight into what Doomsday plastic feels like? I saw a guy on YouTube comparing Meltdown to GStar, but what is Toxic Waste plastic comparable to? Or Fallout plastic?

I have three of their discs so far the C4 Frag- plastic s super velvety and soft like BT soft but potentially even more flexy. Not as floppy as Megasoft but it feels really good.

Toxic Waste Blackout- feels like Discraft Z plastic, firm, mid flex in flight plate, not slick but not too grippy in the cold.

Weapons Grade Landmine- feels like a old ESP, some grip and flex but very solid feeling. Maybe a touch brittle to hard impacts?

Does anybody know who molds these?

If you read through enough of their site, it says they work with several manufacturers.. to decentralize in case of apocalypse - very much a running theme. They do seem to take a shot at California, but I cant tell if that's an expression of political preference, gun rights ire, an Innova slam, or just a nod to Edgar Cayce and their apocalypse theme.

Who knows.

Their manufacturing strategy seems to ensure that will you never get the same disc twice. I wouldnt get too stuck on anything they run.

If you read through enough of their site, it says they work with several manufacturers.. to decentralize in case of apocalypse - very much a running theme. They do seem to take a shot at California, but I cant tell if that's an expression of political preference, gun rights ire, an Innova slam, or just a nod to Edgar Cayce and their apocalypse theme.

Who knows.

Their manufacturing strategy seems to ensure that will you never get the same disc twice. I wouldnt get too stuck on anything they run.

You take things very seriously. It's Disc company playing on the theme of an end of the world scenario. It's marketing and playing up the theme.:doh:

Maybe they do support gun rights, but I don't see that as a bad thing. If the end of the world were to come you'd want to own a gun, that's for sure.:D